This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nervous

I'm having company over tomorrow. Someone I have not met IRL and we are going to try to be friends.

The plan is drink wine, eat cheese and crackers, and get to know each other better.

We're both on a certain message board together and she was lamenting how the person she thought was her BFF dumped her because she's a lesbian. ExBFF started going to an anti-LBGT church, then got a boyfriend and pulled a really dick move. She basically told her she didn't believe that new friend wasn't lusting over her body so they can't be friends.

That's as egotistical as the straight men who think all gay men are after their body.

So she was understandably bummed.

I sent her a PM telling her IDK if she's a lesbian, I live in her general area, and I'll be her friend.

Hopefully our personalities when we meet are such that we can be friends. Neither one of us has many friends in the area, so this has a potential to be a win win situation. I'm just nervous we won't have enough in common, or our personalities will not get along.

Quoth Akasa View Post
    ExBFF started going to an anti-LBGT church, then got a boyfriend and pulled a really dick move. She basically told her she didn't believe that new friend wasn't lusting over her body so they can't be friends.
    Also a stupid move. If you think a new boyfriend is lusting over an old friend's body, you dump the new boyfriend. After all, he'd also be lusting over random women on the street.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      If you think a new boyfriend is lusting over an old friend's body, you dump the new boyfriend.
      erm, the way it's written
      exBFF gets new BF
      Person is a lesbian
      exBFF is convinced PERSON is lusting over her, boyfriend dosen't enter into it.
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
        erm, the way it's written
        exBFF gets new BF
        Person is a lesbian
        exBFF is convinced PERSON is lusting over her, boyfriend dosen't enter into it.
        Yeah that, sorry if I wasn't clear.

Comment

I understood you Akasa

I hope it works and you both have new buddies!

Comment

It went really well!
            My dog ADORES her. I was all ready to put my dog in the crate if she acted the least bit aggressive and no, my dog was all "LOVE ME!!!"
            We chatted, watched TV, and played with my dog while munching on cheese and crackers and sipping wine.

I was good. I had her drink water after her glass of wine and we waited about an hour afterwards before she headed home. So no worries about her driving under the influence, and we did it early enough she didn't have to contend with Sat night traffic.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
              My dog ADORES her.
              Always a good sign.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
              X