This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I sucky here?

Wondering how I can do this better. I have this: http://www.containerstore.com/s/kitc...C-631136B976BD

I bought it because I ride the bus now and I'm not supposed to carry a lot of weight for distance because of my neck/back. I look perfectly fine. Let me also note I do my hair like the 1930s, so sometimes I get looks because of that. Anyway, it was totally crowded today and I got on and had to carry my cart up the back stairs and sit by a large woman, so I didn't have enough leg room to fit the cart on my lap. It will fit in better circumstances. The rules say you must be able to hold the item, so technically it doesn't break the rules. I got so many looks. I felt like people were annoyed that my cart was in the aisle. It didn't need to be, but the seats are made for skinny people. Once that lady got off, I was able to get it in my lap, actually.

So after me an older lady got on and I made a move to try to pull my cart in so she could get a back upper seat, since no one immediately gave up their disabled seat. Then another lady did, and she looked annoyed. I couldn't tell if she were annoyed at me for not giving up mine, because she was looking right at me. I don't know. I just felt persecuted. Of course, I could be imagining whatever I thought people were thinking.

I could carry a regular shopping bag, but it hurts me to walk to the stop. I just don't want to be judged as selfish by people who don't know me. I have the cart for a medical reason. What do y'all think?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Screw 'em. If they actually *cared* about why you have the porta-cart, they would ask. None of their business anyway, and you're doing the best you can.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Nope, nope, nope. I am 100% with you here. My sisters and I don't have a car. We do our shopping by bus using similar carts. We do our best to keep them out of the way, but we also don't give a flying fig what anyone thinks.

Here's why: Every single time I get on the bus, some bozo, and usually several of them, park their asses up front and stand there the whole time they're on the bus, even when there are loads of empty seats. They do this empty-handed; they do this with backpacks; they do it with carts, or walkers, or strollers, or 14 full shopping bags. I'M doing my best not to block the aisles while Clueless Cuthbert and his GF/BF/wife/husband/f*ckbuddy or whatever stand up there making it difficult for passengers getting on as well as those getting off. It's gotten so whenever the bus pulls up to my stop and I see someone standing up front, I mutter, "Getting off, or getting in the way?"

You have to do what's best for YOU and you're doing your best not to inconvenience anyone else. Go for it.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I usually just make my way toward the back, saying "Excuse me, please! Sorry! Thank you!" along the way. People will move, and if they don't, they'll tell you why.
        cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
        X