This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• halloween birthday party....

I'm planning a birthday party for a friend who's lucky enough to have her birthday ON Halloween.

I'm plotting with her boyfriend to host the party at my house since they moved into a TINY one bedroom apartment that wouldn't hold hardly enough people.

I'm looking for some ideas for finger foods to have at the party....

its NOT a halloween party, since she does hate that part of most people trying to cram both into the same party. But I'd like to help fall theme it.

A few years ago, a former roommate made chicken pot pie in a hollowed out pumpkin. I'd kinda like these simliar themes, anyone want to help?
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Pumpkin pasties (think Harry Potter!)
    pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
    Apple Streusel Cheesecake Bars

While there aren't too many pages on autumn parties, you could probably look through Halloween and Thanksgiving pages and find some stuff from both that could be adapted.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

How about chili in bread bowls? You just need a bunch of round loaves of rye bread, make your favorite chili, and serve in the bread bowls

You could even do a white chili using chicken or turkey, corn, white beans, and yellow, red and orange peppers (the sweet ones unless everybody likes the hot ones).
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

You could steer away from the Halloween theme and go for All Saints' Day instead (which is Nov. 1) Do "heavenly" treats: angel food cupcakes or muffins, divinity, etc. Have the birthday cake be angel food cake with an alternate devil's food cake ;-)

As far as an autumn theme, I see you are in the US. How about a tailgate party? Halloween is on Saturday this year, lots of college football games being played. A tailgate party doesn't *have* to take place in a parking lot .... it could be in your backyard, basement, or even the kitchen. There are TONS of ideas out there for that type of party. Just make sure that the birthday cake has the colors of the guest of honor's favorite team!

Comment

Slightly off-topic, but a few years ago, when a friend of mine was having a birthday party for her son and was drawing a blank, I suggested Batman. Batman is always popular with kids of any age, and since his birthday was in October, it would've saved her a bundle on Halloween decorations since she could just re-use all the bats.

As for food, what about tiny pumpkin pizzas? That is, little pizzas the size of cookies that are shaped as pumpkins.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/rec...ggs-carla-hall

Deviled eggs are delicious and definitely finger food... making them look like pumpkins is a creative touch.

Comment

the batman party isn't a bad idea, but a couple of things.....

This is for an adult (shes turning 26).

Shes more into anime, more specifically Sailor Moon and My Little Pony.

I've already gone halves on her gift with her boyfriend (the power pony collection all 6).

its kinda a pot luck, but i was going to chip in the cake and a few finger foods myself.
              It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Maybe this will help:
                http://www.saveur.com/gallery/fall-finger-foods

Comment

I've always wanted to try this dessert: http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recip...pumpkin-cream/ A variation on that would be to make mocha lattes with the pudding spices and top with the pumpkin cream.

I think roasted veggies like baby carrots, big chunks of onions, large mushroom caps, and turnip pieces make great finger food. I'd just serve them room temp (coarse salt on them) with some kind of dipping sauce, like balsamic vinegar with rosemary and olive oil in it. I hate those raw veggie platters because I much prefer cooked vegetables, so this is my answer to that.
                  Last edited by Food Lady; 10-14-2015, 09:08 AM.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                  X