This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea I guess.

Heard that one of the better brands of the dealership family I worked for might be hiring a parts driver. I didn't want to go back and I can do more then just drive but I need to work more then weekends. The lead was false.
    But what made me smile is I did go there 1-2 times a week for work and must of left a great impression. I haven't been there since May but mgr immediately remembered me and greeted me. He was sorry he didn't have anything in parts and called the last brand store to see if they had anything with a glowing recommendation. So he gets with service and get offered a sort of BS porter job. But I'm sure I can move up. Hopefully it pays 10 or more or it's not worth the drive and I can keep the firearms inst job on the weekends.
    The fucked up thing is the guy who gave me the lead is a mgr at my old job and blood related to the owner. I didn't tell him the excuse they used ( they said this long thing about starting internet sales) I knew parts was not really "making" money and the boss didn't have the balls to ask why raw # said he should be but not much*. Well that was it. 4 full time guys at $15 or more was too much and being the newest I got it. Fuck me- why the story? Had they said the truth, I wouldn't even been mad. I go back today with the app wish me luck.

*We think the owner was using parts profit to support all his stupid ads all over the place and bunch of other stuff inc a race car that can't race but had his face all over it and it would keep the new car profits( by not using built in promo budget) up to look good. They refused to show the boss his P&L report.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

So it's not parts driver but porter. Ok not as much but work is work. So I go in get MVR started. It was discussed PT/FT. They were all happy to get me on board. Did the wiz quiz today. Saw the new boss today I had to ask did they decide FT/PT? Dress code? There all fired up to get me started but getting info on what/when is like pulling teeth.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

They called back all the backgrounds are good and said to come in tomorrow at 9.
      I asked how long and he got confused.
      Swing by for paperwork or start?
      oh start-
      ok till?
      end of day
      When is that?
      oh 5 come in 9-5.
      I still don't know how much I'm going to exactly make. I guess when I get my check I'll try not to look too surprised.
      This guy is going to teach me on dealing with customers.
      AkaiKitsune

Comment

Working...
      X