Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got the "IRS scam" phone call...

It came in on my cell phone as "UNKNOWN", but like the idiots that they are, the recording had a number.

I'm thinking of having some fun with them...but I don't know if I should.

It's probably some kind of no-no to post the number, though...
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Don't bother. That scam uses an auto-dialer. You'll never get through if you phone them back.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

OTOH, the IRS will appreciate it if you report the scammer.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
        OTOH, the IRS will appreciate it if you report the scammer.
        Ah, thanks! I'll definitely do that!

Comment

Thank you for posting that page, Karl.

Wouldn't it be funny if one of those scammers ended up calling the IRS office? Or the local police department?
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            Or the local police department?
            It happened, kind of...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4sy2-SMhL8

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              Wouldn't it be funny if one of those scammers ended up calling the IRS office?
              Actually the IRS Commissioner got one of those calls....it didn't end well for the scammer
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?

Comment

Actually the IRS Commissioner got one of those calls....it didn't end well for the scammer
                Oh to have been a fly on the wall for that one....
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Ha ha ha ha ha!!! Is there a link to this??

Comment

One time I actually am on the side of the IRS! Link, please!
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I stand corrected, it was their inspector general. If and when you get one of those scams, ask for their operating number---few, if any, have thought the ruse through in that detail.
                      Last edited by taxguykarl; 11-03-2015, 06:24 PM.

Who is John Galt?

Comment

I stand corrected, it was their inspector general. If and when you get one of those scams, ask for their operating number---few, if any, have thought the ruse through in that detail.
                        Alas, it appears that article is behind a registration wall.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

One of the funniest ones I saw was the one where the scammer tried to tell the "victim" (someone who knew better, but was "playing along") that President Obama was sitting right next to him.

The "victim" asked to speak with the "President", and the scammer happily obliged...thick accent and everything. The scammer actually not only tried (and failed) to impersonate an IRS agent, but also tried (and failed) to impersonate the President of the United States.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                            Alas, it appears that article is behind a registration wall.
                            I was able to get to it just fine, sometimes. Sometimes it shows me the article, other times it shows a registration page. Weird.

FYI -- please do not copy and paste articles from other sites. Copyright issues and all that. I had to delete a post because of this.
                            Sometimes life is altered.
                            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                            Uneasy with confrontation.
                            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                              FYI -- please do not copy and paste articles from other sites. Copyright issues and all that. I had to delete a post because of this.
                              Duly noted

Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...
                              X