Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are we supposed to walk around and look for people buying age-restricted stuff?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was working the register would prompt for ID for lighters. Then it stopped for a few years then started up again. Don't know if it was a corporate thing or state thing.
    "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
      Also on the list were canned air, white out, Sudafed, and certain cans of spray paint (but not all of them).
      I have seen IDs asked for when buying spray paint to cut down on teens tagging and vandalizing buildings, signs, etc. in an area.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Or said teens using it to get high, too. Particularly gold paint
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          Let me guess - gold, silver, and clear? Those tend to have a higher percentage of solvent than normal spray paint, and are therefore the preferred ones for huffers.
          Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          I have seen IDs asked for when buying spray paint to cut down on teens tagging and vandalizing buildings, signs, etc. in an area.
          I think there were a few other colors as well, but yes, the clear and metallics were on that list. I suspect some was for huffing, some was for tagging, and all the rest (no ID check) were quite possibly because it was too much of a hassle to program the ID check for every single color of spray paint (because each color is a different UPC) in every single brand, especially if it isn't a legal thing.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth April View Post
            I was carded for white-out once. I thought it weird, but showed my ID.
            Idiots would huff White-Out hence the ID thing.
            Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              I know on Mischief Night and Halloween a lot of places don't sell eggs or toilet paper to kids around here.

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
                Idiots would huff White-Out hence the ID thing.
                That seems like a good way to choke yourself.
                My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
                X