This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Special Suicide Rate!

I have known for some time that my boss is cheap and greedy (always a bad combination) and that she is something of a bitch. She was that way the first time I worked for her years ago.

It is much worse now. This point was driven home to me the other night when the cops showed up to perform a welfare check on one of our guests. The welfare check had been requested by the guest's wife, who then called the motel to see if the police had arrived yet. The guest had called her and told her he was going to commit suicide.

The cops showed up, apparently found nothing amiss, and went away. All was quiet for the rest of the night. However, when I showed up for work the next day, the first shift clerk told me this story:

The guest had come to the front to extend his stay, and to tell his tale of woe. Long story short, he and his wife were having some serious problems and he just needed a place to watch TV and drink without her being anywhere around. He needed another night of watching TV and drinking before he thought he would be in any shape to face her. The first shift clerk commiserated and wished him well, and said she hoped that things would get better.

She extended his stay by another night and kept his rate the same as it had been the night before.

And this is the part where it gets good. When my boss heard about this, she figured that since the man was a local resident, and because there was a chance he might kill himself in the room, she needed to take precautions.

So she ordered the clerk to raise his rate by $10, hours after he had extended his stay and already had his keys. When the clerk refused, my boss called the guest herself and upped his rate, although I don't know what excuse she gave him. All I know is that she did increase his rate, and he did pay the extra $10.

My personal theory is her behavior can be traced to the time we had a guy kill himself in one of our rooms, necessitating the replacement of the sofa in that room. Having to spend that kind of money on replacing the couch probably just about killed her, and probably still keeps her up nights because she knows in her shriveled black heart that she could have just Febrezed and Scotch-Guarded the blood and brains off with no one the wiser. After all, she did command that the bullet just be papered over, and it remains in the wall of that room to this day.

So, to reiterate, we had a suicidal man in need of time to decompress. My boss charged him extra for the privilege.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

Your boss is a truly despicable person.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I'm confused. $10 was supposed to help pay for the damages or make him want to leave? That makes no sense aside from the being an ass part.

Comment

Quoth Shyla View Post
        I'm confused. $10 was supposed to help pay for the damages or make him want to leave? That makes no sense aside from the being an ass part.
        Probably a little bit of both.
        Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Is that legal? Because it really does not sound legal.

I recommend running far from that place when you can. Also, document with dates and times. Because your boss truly scares me.
          I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Working...
          X