This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patience? What's That?

The drive home from work this afternoon was interesting, to say the least. The road I take is a two-lane highway, one lane each way. In front of me as I got out of town was a tanker truck, followed by a silver car. Said silver car was determined as hell to get around that semi. In fact, the driver almost tried passing the semi in a right turn lane, before making a proper, although impatient, pass on the left. This left me as the first car behind the semi. Being a smart, respectful driver, who was raised by a trucker of 22 years, I stayed back and gave the semi room. Of course, being a tanker, it had to stop at a set of railroad tracks along the way. I stopped. The car behind me stopped. The pickup behind the car behind me proceeded to roar around that car, myself, AND the tanker semi! What was the guy in such a hurry for? Oh, to make a left turn less than a quarter mile later. Seriously? You risk your life, and others, just to get make your damn turn? What's wrong with having some damn patience? I was turning right at the same corner you turned left at. You didn't see me getting all pissy and risking life and limb to get there! Asshole! You're just damn lucky we weren't stopped for an oncoming train!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

It never ceases to amaze me just how many people don't understand basic physics 101. You will lose to the bigger heavier, sometimes flammable, truck/train/bus. I think I understood that principle by the end of elementary school.

Comment

I understood that by the time I was allowed outside to play without Grandma or Grandpa hovering over me. Say, about 5 years old...

Comment

Unfortunately, too many big pick-up drivers think that they ARE the biggest on the road. They'll find out the truth sooner or later, the hard and painful way!
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Working...
        X