This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's not a question; it's a complaint

The first time I went to clean the ladies' room it was impossible--too many people and it's small. So I left it for a bit and went back. Same thing, so I thought, I'll attack the trash at least. I went to the fullest one first and pulled out to overstuffed bag, which broke, of course: paper all over the floor. I contained it as best as I could and took it out right away. When I came back there were people staring at it and I purposely left it for a minute. I do that when I'm really frustrated with something to allow myself to breathe and calm. I went instead for another one.

I was trying to get the bag open with my carpal tunnel impeding me when someone asked my back (I HATE that) "Do you want us to throw these on the floor?" That was a passive-aggressive question that didn't need to be asked because there was a third can with a bag in it they could've used. I admit my answer didn't disguise my annoyance. I told them to "do whatever because I can't get to that right now." I probably should've told them there was another can (though they should've seen it). Yeah, when I came out some woman at the cafe was glaring at me. I'm not surprised.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

There's got to be something in the water, or the air, where you live. You seem to get a lot of idiots. My sympathies!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I don't know; it takes some intelligence to be that passive-aggressive. But yeah, there are a lot of ignorant people, too. One of them bent over and picked the paper up. I could've done that, but it hurts my back and I needed to get a broom when I could get in there. They just assumed I wasn't going to. I told a coworker and her reaction was, "I would've said, 'Why not? [throw it on the floor] Everyone else does.' " It's true.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
      X