X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The wireless SC files : back to back idiocy

Couple short ones.

Lady wants to buy a phone, fishy account, classic signs of fraud. Turns out, two other stores had magically depleted stock of that device when she arrived even though she had previoualy called to confirm they had it. Theres a reason for that, red flags all over the place. Lucky us, her id was missing a security feature listed as required for id validatiom on the state governments own website. Too bad right? No. Scream fest, them came the annoying "i need to speak to the manager" button. Why? My employee already stated the policy, you are just interupting the 8 million things i have to do, for me to tell you the same thing, asking to waste a managers time is very likely to infuriate him/her immediately. So i go out there, and say......the policy!!! Scream fest. Blah blah blah, "you owe me an apology"!!! "I owe no apologies, upholding the policy is after all my job". She leaves, swearing retribution. Calls 5 minutes later, " can i bring this other document? Me: "so long as it can be validated vs our database" her: "there you go again insinuating i am bringing fake documents, i WILL BUY THAT PHONE!!". Me: mam, saying that your id must be validated is not an insinuation of any sort, its a restatement of policy, because thats the policy, what could i possibly be insinuating by restating policy?

*click*

Next is MR. justhandoverdevicesitscoolitsnotlikevariancecomeso utofyourpaycheck

Another manager asked a favor, she wanted a tablet, a spendy one, so she could sell from her inventory and have the customer pick up. It was my last one, but i am fond of this manager so i agreed. On a side note, this is usually an area where managers will pretend to not have devices because it is a waste of inventory and time to have you get paid commision while they hand over inventory and waste time they could be using, you know, earning their own commision, but i agreed. Custy comes in, manager sent me a pic of him. Heres how it went

Me: hello etc....
    Him: came to pick up the tablet
    Me: fantastic, do you have your reciept?
    Him: she sent you a picture
    Me: yea she did, do you have your reciept?
    Him: thats why she sent you a picture
    Me: she didnt send me a picture of a reciept
    Him: this is ridiculous
    Me: no it isnt, you are expecting me to hand you 700 worth of equipment, i have to validate the serial number
    Him: come on man, just give it to me
    Me: no
    Him: *sigh* youve got to be shitting me
    Me: *giving the "you are an idiot stare"*

Finally brings me the reciept.

All good!!

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with people? Maybe cellphones do damage the brain, wireless customers are completely unhinged

Gah, that second one... I had someone similar yesterday: if you buy rail tickets online, from any of the various third parties in the market (even though they're all just resellers for the central marketplace, which also acts as an "independent" third-party vendor - confused yet?) you are issued with a special code. This is emailed to you, along with the instructions that you need to bring the code and either 1: the card you used to make payment, or 2: some kind of universally acceptable ID in the event that the ticket's been purchased by your employer or paid for by Paypal, or any of the other *permitted* reasons why you might not have the card.

This person yesterday went off on one because they "just don't bring that card out." They were of course never told about this condition (which is always on line two of every email, line one being the code), what was the big deal, it's only a ticket... Ah, excellent - engage Snark mode:

"If someone else had come in & claimed it in your stead, you wouldn't be saying it was 'just a ticket' then, would you?"

They went home because they couldn't access their email while at the window to prove me wrong... And never came back, which I assume was because they finally read it!

(In this case, I literally had no choice or leeway; the system would not even let me try to issue the ticket without the card being confirmed. I had a similar case on Friday, and that customer was totally understanding - a friend had tried to pay for their fare, but the system again chose them for thorough checking, so their friend will just ask for a charge-back & they paid their own way.)
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Every. Damn. Day. "What do you mean I'm not listed on the account?!? I SHOULD BE!!!"

Yeah, well, for whatever reason, the account holder didn't add you as an authorized user...all they have to do is call corporate to verify...

"They aren't going to do that! It's too much work! They can't just call you here?"

No, I can't just take the word of whoever is on the other end of your cellphone...that's exactly why they need to call corp.
      "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
      -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Quoth icmedia View Post
        No, I can't just take the word of whoever is on the other end of your cellphone...that's exactly why they need to call corp.
        This is why I won't take a prescription from a patient's cellphone. That's a doctor on the other end, you say? How do I know?

Comment

Working...
        X