This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went Boom...!!!

The evening before Halloween I did my Friday night end of the week stop at a local gas station for munchies and soda for over the weekend. I had an appointment to meet with some cleaners at my apartment but I had time to spare so I was in no rush. When coming back out with my loot my car was parked to the left and the spot next to it was open so I stepped down off the curb intending to cut through that spot to get to my door. Instead I stepped down, took another step and went down hard and fast. I don't remember how I landed, just remember the fear, the fall, and then being on the ground in pain. It was raining but there was something in that spot so slick that I couldn't even stand up. It was like ice. I was afraid to go back into the store and risk falling again so, after some struggle due to data dead spot, I found their number on my phone and called them outside so they could fill out an incident report. Due to my appointment I didn't have them call an ambulance and left shortly after in a great deal of pain.

The next day the right side of my neck hurt, my right shoulder hurt (from bracing against it in the fall, have had surgery on it in the past so it's a tender little baby of a shoulder), my right hip hurt and my knees... were immensely swollen, hot to the touch and felt scrapped raw even though they weren't. I went to the ER and was diagnosed with strains and sprains and given some medicine to help cope.

Everything but my knees is pretty much back to normal. This past Thursday my knees got so bad I was sitting at my desk at work crying. I type all day so it's not like I was doing anything bad, but the pain was horrible. Friday I went to my doctor and got the knees x-rayed (they did everything else at the ER) and learned my left knee is degenerating and has bone spurs, and my right knee has narrowed bone space, bone spurs and fluid collection. They can't tell what is acute and what is from my arthritis getting worse. I know something is still messed up from the fall though because I can feel hard bits if I touch my knee and touching it about makes me scream.

And of course, since it was raining... it's not likely the gas station will cover my expenses. Stupid knees, stupid oil, stupid all of it! I'm gonna take a vicodin and glare at my knee now.
    "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Why should rain matter about whether or not they'll cover expenses? At the very least, you can contact the store to file a claim under their insurance. Rain or not, their lot shouldn't be so slick that you couldn't even stand.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
    X