Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what is your Thanksgiving meal going to be?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the menu ended up being:

Turkey
    Rice (it's a tradition with my family)
    Mashed potatoes
    Cranberry sauce
    Stuffing (croissant-and-mushroom stuffing that turned out to be amazing)
    Sweet potatoes
    Apple pie
    Mixed berry pie (cranberry, blueberry, blackberry, and strawberry)
    A pumpkin pie that one of my mom's friends brought over

And we're all kinda glad that we ended up not going over to Denver, because the weather started to turn bad at right around 4.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Rice seems appropriate, especially wild rice, though I don't know if that's available in Oz.

I ended up making cranberry orange spice sauce from scratch. I made stuffing from scratch also, which my parents loved.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

We had cornish hens (hubs fav), mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus, and pumpkin pie and apple cheesecake.

Would have had green bean casserole and a green salad also, but mom and company - who invited themselves- decided not to show up.

So today we made a lovely chicken salad with the leftover hens.
        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I'm happy because we are cooking Saturday so the whole meal wasn't a bust
          ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

ok so we had
            Ham,
            smashed potatoes,
            GBC,
            appple pie,
            and stuffing
            ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

I always think of ham as being Christmas and turkey Thanksgiving.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

This year, my family didn't even get together for Thanksgiving. We're saving it for Christmas. XD However, the year before that I was living with my parents and I made Beef Wellington. Really authentic, too, with duck pate around the beef.

I can't remember what we had for dessert. I just remember the beef. XD

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  I always think of ham as being Christmas and turkey Thanksgiving.
                  They gave us both options at work this year. I went for the turkey. Turkey boob, though they had drumsticks too. The buffet we served guests also had roast beef (the leftovers of which eventually made their way back to the breakroom as well).

We usually had turkey both holidays b/c the husband didn't like ham, but he left this year so GUESS WHAT I'M GETTING FOR CHRISTMAS DINNER???

Probably ramen noodles b/c I'm broke.
                  Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I made it easy on myself this year .. . . went two weekends ago to Bojangles' and ordered one of their cajun smoked turkeys.

Picked that up after work Wednesday (along w/two large containers of their cajun dirty rice), after picking up the pies at K&W cafeteria (saves us time and we can pick out what we want.)

Stopped at Wallyworld on the way home also, and grabbed two large packages of croissants (Mom didn't find any fresh ones when she went around 6:15 that morning) and grabbed a bag of ice, and got everything home.

So all I did was make the deviled eggs, green beans w/white corn and make the dressing and get the cranberry sauce chilled.

And a bottle of pinot grigio for me (goes nicely w/the turkey and the fixins) and we pigged out and went belly up for a spell.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                    X