This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Seshat View Post
    I believed Santa was an entity not dissimilar to God.
    Comparing Santa and Jesus.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

And don't forget that by ruining Christmas, you qualify to join this group!

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=30
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Not planning on having kids, but if I were, I don't think I'd do the "Santa" thing. Christmas is a wondrous time of the year enough without lying to them. This might also be a great way to teach kids to be respectful of the beliefs of others. "We don't choose to believe in Santa, but some people do, and that's Ok if it's important to them."
        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

^ That is a fantastic philosophy. There is a youtuber who was talking about her friend, who celebrates all the holidays in December, which is great because her kids will learn about all kinds of cultures and have an appreciation for them.

I personally don't see Christmas as a christian holiday but I celebrate it because I understand the joy that comes from the return of the sun, and I thank God for that. There will always be people who tell me he doesn't exist, but is that going to make my decision for me? No. It's the same with Santa or whatever else people believe.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I like the Santa fantasy because, in the long run, it teaches kids that sometimes people lie (or don't know the truth). Sometimes multiple people. Sometimes people you know. If it's important, research it for yourself; don't take someone else's word for it.

Comment

Working...
            X