This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first night...

Last night was my first night using my new CPAP machine. It was amaaaaaazing. The machine that I have is super quiet and, aside from my own stupid in trying to put the mask together, hilariously easy to use. The mask itself is also really comfortable (it's the kind that only goes inside the nose)

The only thing I can't really figure out is what to do with my hair when the mask is on. O.o Having my hair bound by the straps kinda bugs me, but it was difficult trying to free it from under the straps without loosening them.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Is your hair long enough to put into a ponytail first so that you can loosen it up after the straps are on? That might be an option.
    "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

You might want to consider a loose hairnet.

I was amazed by the difference my CPAP made for me. I stopped falling asleep during the day thanks to mine.
      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth Heksubah View Post
        Is your hair long enough to put into a ponytail first so that you can loosen it up after the straps are on? That might be an option.
        Not sure why I didn't think of this the night before, but I did try it last night. It worked beautifully.
        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Yayyy! Glad I could help! I live in an apartment so I use headsets when playing videos and games on the computer to keep the noise down. My headset cord got kinked up so it likes to eat my hair and I tend to put it up first, that's what made the idea come to mind.
          "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

It’s not even 8 AM, it’s freezing, and I’m already outta bed. By all logic, I should be super tired right now. But I’m not. O.o Is this what having a CPAP does to you? Because I could get used to this.

Comment

A good friend of mine has been chronically ill to the point of disability for most of his life, with a whole bunch of different serious health problems. He told me that the night he spent in a sleep centre testing a CPAP was the best night's sleep he could remember ever having, even with them waking him up every hour or so to run tests!

...And now that he has his own, half his health problems have vanished. Turns out that breathing 24 hours a day is kinda important. Glad you're getting decent oxygen at night now!

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
                It’s not even 8 AM, it’s freezing, and I’m already outta bed. By all logic, I should be super tired right now. But I’m not. O.o Is this what having a CPAP does to you? Because I could get used to this.
                Two other bonuses. In cold weather you can pull the covers over your head and not worry about it getting stuffy because the CPAP is piping in air.

And if you have allergies, in hay fever season, the filters in the CPAP will block most of them. So you get a respite from them while you sleep.

It's almost as good as when I was working in a clean room!

Comment

Yes that is what having a CPAP is like. I really like mine and my dad loves his. Said he felt like a new man after using it.

Comment

Update 2: It has been a little over a week since I started using my CPAP. I feel, first of all, like I'm sleeping better. Not necessarily more, as I'm still in a habit of going to sleep at midnight-ish and waking up at around 8:30, but that the sleep I have been getting is of a better quality.

Also, I noticed a few other things today. As I'm wont to do when I'm the only one home, I was listening to music, singing rather loudly, and dancing around the house. First off, I got less out-of-breath from all this than I usually do. Second, I held a rather long and rather high note on a particular song that I haven't been able to hit, let alone hold, properly in quite a while.

Comment

Working...
                    X