This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
    He likes them but his favorite right now is 'Home' (starring Rihanna!).
    i like Home. i like how it talks about awareness of other people isnt universal and you actually need to communicate with people to understand what is going on.

Comment

I can do better movie Blasphemy I've never seen any of the Star Wars movies
      ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

Quoth darkroxas45 View Post
        I can do better movie Blasphemy I've never seen any of the Star Wars movies
        Not that shocking to me, since my best friend Sam hasn't seen any of them. Episode 7 will be his first. And he says he still may not see 1-6 afterward either.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

ive seen the first 3 starwars and 2 of the prequels with only parts of the third viewed when bored. The only one i kind of liked was Episode 2 Attack of the Clones and that was because I like it actually establishing the world they lived in, the emotional trauma and reasoning for Annakin to become evil and some actually good diagloge and line delivery.

Starwars suffers from bad director syndrome. Lucas can think of interesting worlds and can get good actors but doesn't understand how to write interesting characters, has a mediocre understanding of plot and has crazy ideas in general plus can make Samuel L Jackson act worst than a 5 year old in a school play.

Comment

If it restores your faith in humanity a little, those movies were amongst my very favourite growing up. Have a little happy tale about one of them...

I was adopted as a baby. Growing up I was at the right age for An American Tale to come out and for me to enjoy as a child. It always got me. Somewhere Out There used to make me go out at night and think... somewhere out there my birthmom is watching that same moon and maybe she's thinking of me too.

When I turned 30 one of my half-sisters found me and I finally got to meet both of my half-sisters and my birthmom. I told her about that movie. She'd done the same thing. That song had the same impact on her.

It's kinda my mission now to get a Fievel tattoo somewhere to represent the years apart and the years now that we've found each other. That movie has special significance to us both.
            "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
              Not that shocking to me, since my best friend Sam hasn't seen any of them. Episode 7 will be his first. And he says he still may not see 1-6 afterward either.
              I will continue with I don't have a plan to see 7 either XD
              ACNL Dream Address: 5300-6013-1370

Comment

IMHO Don Bluth was one of the FEW old time animators who tried to keep the "Disney Quality" going in hand drawn animation films outside of Disney.

One he was involved in at Disney (obviously after Walt died) was Robin Hood (1973).The story and acting was good BUT (again) IMO the animation sucked. I recently watched it on DVD and was appalled at the poor animation quality (especially since this WAS a Disney animation production). so many obvious mistakes, bad drawings, bad coloring, and such.

The stuff that Bluth did on his own was fantastic.
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

so random happy moment! The kickstarter was cancelled cause they decided to switch to indigogo

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                    so random happy moment! The kickstarter was cancelled cause they decided to switch to indigogo
                    Sweet. Indiegogo is definitely better for these kinda things.
                    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Working...
                    X