Clear All

• Today's haul from the market

4 bottles of wine
    1 pound of Polish bacon
    1 pound of fresh Polish sausage
    1 pound of smoked Polish sausage
    2 pork steaks
    2 black sea bass
    and the Queen of All Pies....Strawberry Custard!!

Never had sea bass before...going to be interesting to try
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

I've had sea bass at a restaurant. Absolutely delicious. Hey, did we want to swap hauls? Here's mine...

Matcha tea powder
    Pumpkin
    Parsnips
    Carrots
    Sriracha Bacon (best shit ever)
    Eggs!

Comment

What are you doing with the pumpkin? I have a small 'pie' [sweet cooking] pumpkin I was planning on roasting up and pureeing and cooking into a nice custard [pie without the crust, getting lazy in my old age]

We are getting ready for Thanksgiving this coming week - though I have to get a batch of springerle and a batch of shortbread cookies baked [no roller, all I can find in this rental is a single holly leaf cookie cutter. *sigh*] Nobody in the house likes anise, so it will be vanilla-nutmeg springerle, and I am going to tint the shortbread pale green and make royal icing in a darker green to highlight the veins and red to pipe on the little dots for berries. I may do the springerles with the same batches of royal icing.

I did find a jelly roll pan and a regular depth cake pan so I might get creative and make mignanrdises glace [petit fours]. I need to find a cooling rack for that though.

Dammit, I miss my freaking kitchen. It wasn't the biggest, best equipped or anything, but I had all sorts of great stuff I have been collecting and hording for the past 35 years
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I LOVE anise. The anise Christmas cookies were out already at the market, but we decided on the pie instead because strawberry custard.
        I ordered a chocolate pie for Thanksgiving which I will pick up on Wed.

Vanilla-nutmeg springerle sounds delicious, too.

Comment

Oh, I just went to the Christmas craft sale at the racetrack! And... I spent almost 300 dollars. Including 185 on a gorgeous beaded kimono jacket.

...It was worth it!

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
            Oh, I just went to the Christmas craft sale at the racetrack! And... I spent almost 300 dollars. Including 185 on a gorgeous beaded kimono jacket.

...It was worth it!
            Ooooh, pics?

Comment

I don't have one but it's VERY similar to this: http://www.lillianboutique.net/Teeze...azaro-New.html The same kind of edging but instead of flowers, the pattern is butterflies. With beading and sequins.

Comment

My haul:

6 cans of chickpeas
                4 packs of toilet paper
                4 packs of chicken hot dogs
                2 packs of frozen corn
                2 packs of frozen mixed vegetables
                2 packs of frozen cut green beans
                2 packs of omega-3 eggs
                2 pounds of broccoli
                2 frozen pizzas
                1 pack of frozen Angus beef meatballs