This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regretting going home possibly tmi

So I had to have emergency surgery on Friday night to remove an iud birth control that migrated from my uterus to my colon. I went home today feeling great but now I'm regretting it. I'm bloated since they gave me tons of fluids and I still hadnt had a bowel movement before I left. They didn't give me a script for any pain meds, just told me Tylenol as needed but I fell asleep when I got home and waited too long to take something. Ugh.. Can someone please put me out of my misery?

Ugh, that sounds awful. So sorry! Hope you feel much better soon!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

They let you go home without having a bowel movement first?! *cough* Sorry, when I had my c-section, they wouldn't let me go home without a bowel movement first. I'd imagine they'd do the same with something that actually involves the intestines!

Stool softener may help with the bowels and possibly some of the bloating. Heating pad may ease muscle tension, which may reduce pain. If the pain gets worse, contact the doctor and let them know. If it gets really bad, to the point that sitting up or laying hurts like frigging hell, go to the ER.

I'm sure some of the others will have suggestions too. I hope you get to feeling better!
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Are you allowed to take laxatives?

Laxatives work wonders for me. *nod*

Comment

And I think I have a yeast infection from all of the antibiotics on top of everything. The pain isn't horrible unless I move wrong or I'm trying to get out of bed

Comment

I found that drinking lots of water and sucking on Halls gives me a kind of laxative effect.

Maybe instead of Halls, you could eat citrus fruits like oranges, or drink orange juice.
            cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

They warned me with the dental procedure that the painkillers could also cause a constipation effect which sounds like its not helping with you. As for the yeast infection I was constantly eating yoghurt and for once didn't get one.

Hope you start feeling better soon!
              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

TMI alert

I finally had a BM today.. wasn't horrible but the stomach cramps before hand sucked.

Comment

I'll loan you this. The Wife got it for me after my appendectomy.
                  Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                  Save the Ales!
                  Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Your IUD migrated from your uterus to... your colon? Um, that's the classic "they're not connected!" The only possibility I can think of there would involve at least peritonitis, and more likely serious internal injuries.

Comment

All I can say is...ouch. Hope you feel better soon.
                      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
                      X