This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suck in Racket Man's city

So one of our MODs transferred to a store in that territory and told us a story today:

So he's MOD at the time when some guy complains that he and wife are allergic to the air in the store. Yes, the air. So MOD probes for information. Maybe it's mold or dust or a chemical or something? The man does not actually know what's causing the problem. He can't give a clue as to anything his doctor said he might be allergic to, which would help the company figure out if there were something it could do, like have the ducts cleaned or something. MOD says, "I can put in a request to investigate, but if we don't know what we're looking for we can't help you." The man threatens to call the health dept. and at this point is angry, so MOD says something about calling FEMA. I don't know why he said that but the man called him a name I'm not allowed to say and said he was definitely calling the health dept. Good luck with that, as they are going to want some kind of documentation of your physical distress, dude. You have nothing.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

When I lived in the Chicago area (15 years ago) there was a Mart of Wall that we used to frequent. Sometimes after visiting said Voldy-Mart my Ex used to have to take a good dose of allergy meds because the store was sooooo dusty and dirty.

So yes is might be possible BUT I doubt that your stores are in that dirty condition (as I am trying to remember what chain you work for).
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

There was a book store in the plaza at the corner of Witchduck Rd and um .... Lynnhaven? Guarantee a serious bathroom run within 5 minutes of walking in and browsing [hey they had a killer selection of used SF/Fantasy books]

Turns out the low frequency vibrations of the machines in the dry cleaning establishment next to it were the culprit. We figured it out when we went in while the cleaners were closed and no gut troubles ... Who knew!

I would consider it a problem, but since books aren't required for living, I an deal with not being able to go in and shop - Rob and I have the same taste in books for the most part =)

[I consider books a requirement right after air, food and shelter. I am one of those people that have to read or I go nuts.]
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

^ Used to live in VA Beach?
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
          So yes is might be possible BUT I doubt that your stores are in that dirty condition (as I am trying to remember what chain you work for).
          It's not Mart of Walls and it's not Irv's company, if that clues you in. We do have dust in the ducts, probably.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
            There was a book store in the plaza at the corner of Witchduck Rd and um .... Lynnhaven? Guarantee a serious bathroom run within 5 minutes of walking in and browsing [hey they had a killer selection of used SF/Fantasy books]

Turns out the low frequency vibrations of the machines in the dry cleaning establishment next to it were the culprit. We figured it out when we went in while the cleaners were closed and no gut troubles ... Who knew!
            So the brown noise is a thing?
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
              It's not Mart of Walls and it's not Irv's company, if that clues you in. We do have dust in the ducts, probably.
              I knew it was neither of those. The Boomerang store???
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Soooo....how about he just doesn't shop there? I mean, really, what did he expect you to do then and there?
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                X