This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any day now I'm going to be out of pocket

We're officially leaving Friday after fiance gets his last check.
    The pod will be packed and ready to go Weds.
    Fiance is pressuring me to break down my desk and computer NOW NOW NOW!
    I am balking because I want something to do with myself while the house is packed up.

My sympathies. When we moved this summer, my computer was one of the last things packed up (luckily it was going in the car with us rather than in the truck). I was sitting on the floor to use it the last couple nights, which is extremely awkward when your computer is a desktop, and I'd had to reduce it down to one monitor (I usually work with two). Pain in the butt. But worth it to have that connection with the outside world until we actually loaded the car and left.

Good luck!
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I found it hard enough to move my entire computer/audio rig and figure displays downstairs, let alone move house -good luck with it

Comment

Yet another reason I am enthralled with my Asus Transformer with keyboard and mouse - for simple computing like surfing the internet, email and *simple* games like solitaire, or The West, or that infernal Gem game it is fantastic. I can also watch Netflix, or chromecast it to the TV in lieu of cable tv. Before the house went extracrispy, I had a hook system on the side of the bedside kitchen cart [we used IKEA 4 drawer kitchen carts in place of traditional bedside tables so they were about 18 inches taller than the bed surface.] that let me pop the tablet in and I could lay comfortably on my side and watch something on Netflix without having to hold the tablet in an awkward position.

I also have to admit, I have pretty much made the transition to just using a gaming laptop instead of wanting to replace my desktop system [liquid cooled gaming rig with dual 28" monitors and speakers] as I decided I am stopping the beta testing and limiting my MMORPG playing so I won't need quite the firepower any longer. With the advances in tablet and laptop tech, smaller and more powerful tools are getting out into the market, which makes me happy!
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
        X