This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well now... it figures

Since we're moving soon all our pots and pans have been packed and we're mostly living off frozen dinners...

BUT the other night Titan and I looked at each other and said "I feel like a burger."
    We decided to go to the IJUMP on the corner, but we get there and it's closed! They were shooting a commercial and would be done in 2 hours. We read the sign, we asked the guys guarding the doors what was up, and as we turned to leave saw a guy ignore the sign and guys guarding the door and try to get in.

Titan and I walk towards Way of the Sub as that's the next closest restaurant in walking distance and I can't walk far. We get a chuckle out of the pure blindness of the guy trying to get in, and wonder aloud how many people they had to turn away as they ignored the sign.

Quoth Akasa View Post
    We decided to go to the IJUMP on the corner, but we get there and it's closed! They were shooting a commercial and would be done in 2 hours. We read the sign, we asked the guys guarding the doors what was up, and as we turned to leave saw a guy ignore the sign and guys guarding the door and try to get in.
    Maybe he was part of the commercial? A new slogon, "Our food is so good people want it it even when we're closed."
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      Maybe he was part of the commercial? A new slogon, "Our food is so good people want it it even when we're closed."
      Well, considering they're known for being open 24/7 I don't think that would work.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        Why did I read that "Our food is so poisonous ..."? May be my subconscious is attributing last night's (and today's!) intestinal troubles on yesterday's lunch at the I Can Hop place.
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

aww sorry to hear that NP, I love that place..I'm one of those breakfast at any time of the day people so I usually get the Cinnabon pancakes that come with the eggs etc meals instead of a short stack

that & the fact that they serve Pibb Xtra is good enough for me

Just curious, but what exactly did you eat there? if you'd rather not say, that's cool too..just never had much of a problem there *KNOCK ON WOOD*
          "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

I got the "all you can possibly stuff into your face" pancakes. Just pancakes. I'd been wanting pancakes for several weeks, and finally decided to treat myself.

Realistically, my problems are more likely from the falafel/veggie combo I had for dinner that had been in the fridge for a few days. (Wanted to finish it off before the wife got back from her trip.) But that didn't help my subconscious!
            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.

Comment

awww we've been wanting to go there while that was going on, hoping $$ will allow us to do so tomorrow for lunch

just curious, can you just order a short stack or do you have to order the combos that come w/ a short stack? And can you get the cinn a bon short stack instead of buttermilk & still get the all you can eat or no?
              "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

What the heck is Pibb?
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                  What the heck is Pibb?
                  MR. Pibb

It's a Dr. Pepper knock off that when you go to a restaurant and ask for Dr. Pepper and they don't have it they tell you it's the same thing. IT IS NOT!

Comment

Quoth CorneliaMarieRocks View Post
                    just curious, can you just order a short stack or do you have to order the combos that come w/ a short stack?
                    One of the options on the menu was "just pancakes". Less expensive than the other combos.

I don't remember the Cinnabon option at all, but I was only interested in plain ol' buttermilk pancakes.

And I am sure that the actual problem was the past-its-prime salad.

Comment

Working...
                    X