This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It never ends

A bit over a year ago, I was involved in a collision in New Jersey (idiot changed lanes into the side of my rig). Today in the mail I received a letter from a lawyer, soliciting business.

My guess is that they bought from the state a list of people who were in collisions, the other driver was found to be at fault, and a heavy truck was involved.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Yep. I still get letters like that, and my last accident was over a year ago (and I wasn't even a driver. I was just a passenger.) At least the calls have stopped.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Idiot indeed. How do you not notice the big rig? I mean seriously its not like the dang thing can hide in a blind spot...

Comment

Quoth pudddykat View Post
        Idiot indeed. How do you not notice the big rig? I mean seriously its not like the dang thing can hide in a blind spot...
        You'd be amazed at how many drivers on the road are oblivious to everything and anything other than themselves.

Actually, no, you probably wouldn't be. We're on this site, after all...
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
          You'd be amazed at how many drivers on the road people in general are oblivious to everything and anything other than themselves.
          Fixed that for you. Unfortunately.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
            ... drivers on the road are oblivious to everything and anything other than themselves...
            The windshield tint is so events in the "big room" don't distract them from texting...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Was listening to Car Talk earlier this week... keep in mind this is all tongue-in-cheek

A guy called into to complain about the advice he had been given. The car talk guys had earlier given out advice to leave your car in neutral when waiting at a red light, because sitting with the clutch depressed causes excess wear on the shifter forks. So the caller started following their advice while driving his ancient VW beetle.

Now the guy claims that if he had kept doing things the old way (car in 1st gear, foot on clutch) he would have been avoided having his car totalled. How, you ask? He figures that if the car had already been in gear we would have started moving a half-second sooner... thereby avoiding been run over by the jacked-up pick-up truck that was in line behind him. Yup, the twit driving the truck was busy playing with his cell phone, saw the light turn green and just started driving. Right over the VW!
              There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Working...
              X