Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention foodies and/or history lovers...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention foodies and/or history lovers...

this is an hour but worth your time, I think. It's fascinating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnXU...AbG6Z&index=42

Does peacock taste like chicken?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

No it is closer to pheasant - dark meat, lowlowlow fat and stringy. Stick to duck or goose, IMHO. Swan is sort of fishy [in the same way that frog legs are 'just like chicken but a little fishy tasting'] and also what would be considered dark meat, and stringy.

Look, we are so accustomed to farmed poultry, high proportion of white meat, and sort of fluffy in mouthfeel [for lack of a better description] and more bland tasting than free range heirloom breeds. Most any nonfarmed poultry is going to be considered 'gamey' and stringy because of the exercise they get as opposed to standing around in a feedlot waiting to fatten up.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

My local SCA had period cooking classes for a while. No exotic meats, but we learned about medieval spices, fruits, vegetables and cooking styles. It was really fun; I wish they'd start up the classes again.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Pheasant nuggets are tastier than chicken nuggets. Although biting on a piece of shot can be a bit jarring.
        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
        X