This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I'm outta here!

This is the short detail free version of the story but feel free to fill in your own blanks. I will say that I've been very lucky with co-workers at least on the political front. There's been plenty of assholes, though.

We have new hire who works in another area of the store. She's a talker. Doesn't matter that I don't know her and I don't care about her problems. So today I had the unfortunate timing of taking my lunch the same as her. She was spewing some shit and I was half listening. I was doing my own thing.

She went into this whole political crazy talk. As soon as she started saying it I started packing up my stuff. When she took a breath, I said "That's when stop talking and walk away." I was already standing and I tapped my folded magazine on the table for emphasis. I didn't plan on that exit but it was splendid.

I'm just not getting into political topics at work. Even if I had said that's not something I discuss at work, I don't think it would've mattered. I probably would've walked away anyway.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Ugh, I don't share ANY of my politics at work, except with one girl who I count as a friend, not a coworker. And that took years before we began discussing that. Politics and religion should stay at home.

Comment

I keep the lobby TV on ESPN for a reason and it ain't because I love sports. Its to keep political debates from happening in the lobby
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I don't even talk about religion with my FAMILY. We do talk politics sometimes. It's interesting.

Comment

Luckily I do work with people who don't really care about politics though it has come up in conversations but it's always been civil. Same with religion. Nobody tries to sell each other on stuff and it's all just part of having a conversation.

I don't think this chick is making any friends at work. I know I'm not friendly with her. Though it's not like I could get a word in edgewise with her. Crazy ass bitch.
          I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

I'd have left too. If you want to talk to me about your pets, I'll listen and nod. Talk about children? Sure, I'll listen and say appropriate things. Complain about your personal relationships? We aren't friends and I have a book to read. Crazy politics and conspiracies? I only listen for the entertainment value and even then, I usually have something more important to do, like check the long range weather forecast.

Comment

It got so bad back in prison (ahem the call center) that I'd go eat in the car. I bought a breakfast in bed tray and would push the passenger seat all the way back and eat there while I listened to ebooks. A lot more pleasant than listening to everyone's drama. You need a shrink go see one, I'm just a CSR.
              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
              X