• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadpool

Saw it last night.

They got it right.

Rapscallion

How's the fourth wall stuff? I haven't seen it yet. They do that pretty well?
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

The trailers make this look incredibly funny, too.

Though I've heard some people are complaining that it shouldn't be rated R.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

The only people I've heard complaining about it being rated R are the parents who want to take their minor children to see it. Their argument is that their kids are fans of Deadpool...but I can't help but wonder if those kids (and parents) have read any of the comics because he's not exactly a family friendly character!

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
          but I can't help but wonder if those kids (and parents) have read any of the comics because he's not exactly a family friendly character!
          I've heard that, too. I'm not familiar with the comic. I just want to see the movie because it looks intriguing to me, based on the trailers.

From what I can tell, he's an "anti-hero".

Comment

Friends and I won't be seeing it until Tuesday, probably, since we'll be at Katsucon all weekend.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

A friend of mine is currently watching the movie. Before the movie started he updated his FB status to:

"Nothing like watching deadpool next to a seven year old.... Seriously?! I hope you don't regret this, parental figure."

This blows my mind, but that's the problem when you can buy your tickets from a computer kiosk instead of a live person. I'm surprised that somebody with the theatre didn't go in before the movie started to make sure there were no kids in there.

Comment

How much do you wanna bet the parent is gonna complain about how it wasn't kid friendly and demand their money back.
                ......../\
                ....../__\
                ..../\...../\
                ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                  I've heard that, too. I'm not familiar with the comic. I just want to see the movie because it looks intriguing to me, based on the trailers.

From what I can tell, he's an "anti-hero".
                  No, not really. He is as he is labelled. "The merc with a mouth." His loyalty is tied to his paycheck and whatever goes on in that screwey brain of his, nothing more. He's been considered a villain as much as a hero.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Famous for fourth-wall breakage, and killing not only the entire Marvel Universe (thanks new friendly voice in my head! *lol*) but also himself.
                    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                      Though I've heard some people are complaining that it shouldn't be rated R.
                      I'm only cursorily familiar with Deadpool, but when the movie was announced, I knew there was no way it wouldn't be rated R. Anything less would do a disservice to the character. Parents who allow their children to watch inappropriate media (and then wonder where their kids learned it ) drive me crazy.
                      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                        No, not really. He is as he is labelled. "The merc with a mouth." His loyalty is tied to his paycheck and whatever goes on in that screwey brain of his, nothing more. He's been considered a villain as much as a hero.
                        Somehow, that seems to make it better. Don't know why.

Comment

My teenagers want to see it. I'll probably watch it first. I don't worry about language (I curse like a sailor) or even violence, as they are pretty well grounded. but I heard there was a lot of sex in it. I want to see it, even though I'm not really familiar with him because it looks funny/intriguing

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                            I'm not familiar with the comic.
                            Well, look at it this way: In the comics, he likes to chat with his best buddies -- namely, the little yellow and white narration boxes. He is fully aware, and accepting, of the fact that he is a character in a work of fiction. IIRC, he's even able to see the black frames around each comic panel, and he can interact with/move past them at will. Keep in mind that this is a Marvel movie...which means Stan Lee is in there somewhere. Those who have seen it, please don't spoil that, in particular ^_^ I'm looking forward to it.

...But yes. From what I know of the comic and the trailer: Expect an abundance of bloody violence, sex (with the ever-lovely and always gracious Morena Baccarin, aka Inara from Firefly/Serenity), plenty of foul language. Lots of action, and he may be the only character capable of matching smartass quips with Spider-Man

I NEED to see this movie.
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Here's a beginner primer about Deadpool

Comment

Working...
                              X