Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is why people don't want to drive here.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why people don't want to drive here.

Next to my work is a little street, two lanes plus a turn lane. Then there's a gas station and Green Mermaid, then a main street with either six or eight lanes. I was leaving and decided to drive through the Green Mermaid since there was only a few cars. It seemed like a fairly safe decision. Haha. Well, I managed to hit shift change at the Green Mermaid so that took significantly longer than normal. But that's not the unpleasant part.

You see, there is just one way to enter and exit this area, which is on the small street. The only way to get to the gas station is to go past the Green Mermaid drive through entrance, and past all of the parking for it as well. Oh, and past the drive through exit. It's extremely poorly designed, as WE ALL SAID when it was being build like two years ago.

As I'm circling around to leave the drive through lane I see a car sadly trying to turn around. I say sadly because they made it like a five-point turn when it didn't need to be. Now I can see there are cones blocking the gas station entrance which say "out of order" and an attendant near them. So obviously something's wrong at the gas station, although there are still several cars filling up. The next car also turns around. By now there is at least one car behind me, since I'm still in the drive through, and can't go anywhere. There are about five cars wanting to either park at Green Mermaid or get gas. There is honking, great.

Finally I elbow my way out (I have to make a left) of the drive through, and find multiple cars blocking the entrance to the drive through, and several cars waiting to get out of the gas station. There are three cars waiting to turn into this nonsense. So they're still out in the main street blocking everything. After all of this I finally escape, though that's not saying much because the main street is pretty messed up as well. But I got out! I felt like I should be in a video game and have a little box pop up which said "achievement unlocked! Escape from Green Mermaid."
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Y'know, there's an "escape mode" in Prison Architect...

Comment

Working...
    X