This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling Argabarga

I've met two Arga-worthy idiots in exactly a week.

To give some context: I'm in physical therapy for the third time in just over a year, and so I have a temporary handicapped parking pass. I got hit by a car as a kid, and the leg didn't quite heal. I can get around okay, but not around campus. I had found out that there was a not-too-well-known rule that nearly all the rules as to what parking lots you could park in are thrown out if you have a handicapped parking pass. This is super helpful. Even if I'm not in a designated spot--usually because they're all full--I still can't be ticketed.

Last week I headed into Parking Services because I'd gotten ticketed. They invalidated the ticket, but I had to wait for Asshole.

Asshole was so sure his ticket was also invalid. But asshole parked on a sidewalk. A police officer was talking to him, he'd caused such a fuss.

His arguments?

A: I had to.

B: I had to because of all the other illegally parked people. (Their illegal parking was being parked for more than thirty minutes.)

C: they were really illegally parked. (HE cited someone who was parked for 1, no 2, no THREE hours!)

D: But I really had to.

E: Please pity me, for I was hungry and cold.

F: But I waited so long before I resorted to parking on the sidewalk! (Five minutes.)

G: But what about Campus Maintenance Vehicles? Can they park on the sidewalk?

H: Repeat A-G.

He finally left.

Today I left class and saw someone in a handicapped parking space, gesticulating wildly. There was a tow truck, a parking services truck, and a police car. Just as I got in my car, two more police cars joined, blocking me in. I didn't get to see more, as one of the police officers figured out I was there and moved so I could leave. But I was just impressed at the ruckus she'd caused.

Yeah, he hit all the major landmarks on that one, but at the end of the day, we're sill in Towsville, population: you.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
      Towsville, population: you.
      If that isn't on the workshirts maybe it should be.
      ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth Cooper View Post
        G: But what about Campus Maintenance Vehicles? Can they park on the sidewalk?
        If it's like most college campuses, their vehicles can park wherever they damn well please. They're not going to screw with their own employees (well, most of the time anyway ) and prevent them from the college making a buck or two. No, the sidewalks have to get cleared during the winter, supplies have to be delivered, and various other things have to be maintained during the school year. Maintenance isn't going to tolerate having to park, and make multiple trips back and forth to, a vehicle multiple blocks away. No, they'll park on the sidewalk or in an alley so they can get their jobs done.

However, where I went to school, the college "parking authority" was a joke. They wouldn't bother going after resident students living on campus...that would drive from class to class...and take up spots in the commuter lots. No, they'd go after the lone commuter, who had no choice but to park in a dorm lot. Pretty obvious to find--just look for the bumper with the "C" sticker...in a sea of "Rs." They never went after the Rs, mostly because to do so...they'd have to actually look through the lots, instead of simply driving down the street.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
        X