This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
    and taking into account the my pizza place (red roof pizza) is about 90% franchised here in the US, Corp red roof makes all of the profit and dumps almost all of the risk on the franchisees it is a sweet deal for Corp. and a bitch for the franchisee
    Is it any wonder franchisee's are now banding together and suing their parent corporations?

Comment

I do appreciate the fact that consumers can now seek justice for real ... well, injustices, but i also do really miss the days when any manager could tell a sucky customer to go pound sand without fear of wimped-out corporate reprisal. I was reminded of a story of Racket Man's company before the Great Consumer Revolution that would never happen today.

In high school, I was being wooed by "Dude," and I couldn't decide whether he was a cool rebel or just a jerk. He invited me, my bestie and her boyfriend over to his house to watch a movie (I believe it was Pink Floyd's "The Wall") and have pizza.

Dude called to order the pizza after we got there and was basically told (by the local red-roof franchise) "You are a scammer and a stiffer and we're not going to deliver to you any more." Dude was yelling into the phone and you could hear the person on the other end giving as good as he got. He tried several tactics to pry pizza out of them including demanding a manager (who doubled down on the yelling). They all failed. We ended up cooking frozen pizzas (which honestly? Would have been OK to start with, if not for the display of rampant AHoleitude that preceded it.)

At least he settled the question of whether I'd consider going out with him. If he was too much of a jerk for the Shack, he was WAY too much of a jerk for me.
      Last edited by wordgirl; 03-02-2016, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Wordgirl

I WOULD LOVE to go back to those days. The "Please the known scammer customer by giving into their really stupid and outrageous demands and scam attempts and false complaints" has ruined it for the majority.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
        X