This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupidity on parade

Yesterday there was a grass fire south of town and it got to some power poles and right around noon, we lost power. It was off for about an hour and a half. Management closed everything down and locked the doors and I decided it was a good time to water the plants.

It was amazing to watch the customers as they arrived to a closed Wally World on a Saturday afternoon. Some of them are amazingly unobservant. They walk up to the locked doors, almost walking into them. They look thru the glass at the dark empty store and give the door a little push. Then try the door next to it, stand there for a moment and then walk all the way to the other doors and wash, rinse, repeat.

I watched one minivan that was parked at the Mc Donald's drive thru for almost 15 minutes till an employee noticed them and came over to tell them they were closed.

Now there were a few who realized something was wrong due to the fact the parking lot was empty and I of course told those who parked close enough to me to hear me that we were closed, but even a few of them still had to go up and try the doors.

Some of them looked so lost, because they could not get into Wally World or because their routine was disrupted, but all I could think was.....

....these are the people the zombies will eat first.
    "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

I had door duty for a while when our power went out once. I'm glad that so many of the people were really understanding about it, though one guy kept saying he just needed to go in for a minute to grab food... I sent him to a shop just 10 minutes away, but it took him way too long to figure out that I was NOT letting him inside.

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
      ....these are the people the zombies will eat first.
      But they don't have any brains. They are the zombies.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Last night my train station was closed due to a train-pedestrian accident (thank GOODNESS nobody got killed, some idiot stepped in front of a train and only had a broken leg to show for it...someone upstairs must like him). I got to watch a lot of people walk past 6 police cars to try to get to the train. To be fair most of them just went over there to ask Transit Security what was up and what bus to take to wherever they were going, but some of them had no clue something was wrong.
        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
        X