This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange and kind of haunting...

Nobody knows how long the yacht has been drifting around the world.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016...6pLid%3D434922

WARNING - there is a picture of the sailor still at his desk (I didn't find it gruesome but some may do)
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Possibly disturbing comment (not Fratching material): Interesting that his hair was still intact but his clothing seemed to have rotted away.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
      Possibly disturbing comment (not Fratching material): Interesting that his hair was still intact but his clothing seemed to have rotted away.
      Consider bog bodies. The Elling woman still has a hairstyle people have copied.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
        Human hair is made of the same stuff as fingernails, so sturdier (and potentially less prone to deterioration) than the materials most clothing is made from.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Of course, this assumes that any was present at the relevant time.
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

True that, and given that it was apparently only drifting for about 7 years, that might not be enough for modern clothing items to fall apart. So he may very well have been nude (or at least shirtless).
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Recent updates have him as only having been dead for a week, according to autopsy results.
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
              X