This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kogarashi View Post

Having Bandit (one of Zidane's static abilities) equipped helps with that, at least.
    Yeah, but all that does is basically get rid of the accuracy roll for the steal. Doesn't help with the item roll.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/19733...sy-ix/58955550

I've gone through all of the fights with Beatrix several times because my item rolls apparently suck. XD
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Horseshoes n' hand grenades. Close enough

OK. how about something a bit more obscure....

Disgaea series. Because of a calculation error in the original, Lv99 enemies grant the EXP, Mana, and HL (money) that an enemy closer to Lv300 should grant, while only being as strong as a Lv99. The developers have intentionally left that "glitch" in ever since. They even have certain levels set up to make it easy to generate Lv99 enemies to kill...
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Disgaea series. Because of a calculation error in the original, Lv99 enemies grant the EXP, Mana, and HL (money) that an enemy closer to Lv300 should grant, while only being as strong as a Lv99. The developers have intentionally left that "glitch" in ever since. They even have certain levels set up to make it easy to generate Lv99 enemies to kill...
        I can see why they left it in though. It essentially gave them the green light to be all manner of sadistic in the game, like the level 4000 optional boss, or if you try to be sneaky and use a cheat device or similar to superboost your stats.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          Sounds like the Peninsula of Power from the original Final Fantasy, only the monsters aren't brutally hard.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
          X