Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Tow Files: Why Make Just ONE Massive Mistake?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    Oh they will, the phone company is a big believer in "you break it, you buy it"
    Speaking of such things, I work for the phone company and we have overseas agents. They handle all the low level billing calls and a fair bit of tech support.

Once, a ship disregarded their charts, or whatever they have, and dropped an anchor in the WRONG spot. Severing a fibre cable travelling along the bottom of the sea. They took out our entire offshore campus. It was a NIGHTMARE. I believe it took us a week to fix it.

I was told the cost of replacing that was in the millions and that ship's company was on the hook...

Comment

Quoth LesserSouthernFroglet View Post
      I had an unexpected hitch hiker the other day - tootling to work and I noticed movement on my window. It was a huntsman spider. He crawled down the window then made himself at home between the driver door and the sill - around 3 inches from my shoulder. I'm not arachnophobic but I was still trying to keep some space between me and him for the rest of the peak hour drive.

Anyone scared of spiders, read no further!

for reference - this is a huntsman. They're not harmful to humans but they look the part of every arachnophobe's nightmares. For once, an Aussie critter that's not gonna kill you (although they might scare you half to death)!
      That is quite possibly the cutest spider I've ever seen. It's so pettable!

In other news, my mum once slammed on the brakes, jumped out of the car (in the middle of one of the busiest roads in Luton at the height of rush hour) and ripped off her shirt. She's a severe arachnophobe and a diddy little money spider decided to drop into her cleavage!
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        Why me? I try to lead a good life ya know? Really, I do!!!! Why meeeeee!?!!!

https://youtu.be/1MNllfr6wVY?t=53s

Comment

Working...
        X