This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh fuck this

Last Monday I let my doctor's office know that I need a new prescription for lancets because BC/BS in their infinite wisdom aka extreme cheapness will only cover a particular brand of glucose meter. I did not know this until I went to renew my scrip for my current meter. I ran out of the old strips this morning.

I have the new meter. The pharmacy apparently does not yet have my new scrip for the test strips so I am left with only about 10 strips that came with the new meter. DOC, ARE YOU LISTENING!!!??

Second: The new meter included a lancet tool that requires a NEW needle for each stick, which also must then be removed and discarded. Let's put aside the additional time that takes and the ridiculous inconvenience compared to my previous one that carried six lancets in a closed capsule - very safe - and just consider this:

You're supposed to replace the cap over the needle and then eject the capped needle. Except MY device keeps ejecting JUST the cap, not the needle unit itself.

I'm starting to understand why diabetics seem to be angry a lot.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.
Working...
X