This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two patients....

Two patients. Same first name. Same diagnosis. Same functional limitations. One of them on my schedule.

I grabbed the wrong one.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Two large brown Pomeranians. Both the same name, i.e. 'Lucky'. Both owned by somebody named Chen, but NOT same family. One for a dental prophy. One to get neutered. Both weigh about the same. Front desk not sure which dog is which.

Luckily, only one had testicles!

Comment

Lucky had one testicle between them.
      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Would have been interesting if both were male, both (pre-visit) were "intact", the one in for dental work was a champion show dog which commanded a LARGE stud fee - and they got their work orders switched.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

wolfie, that reminds me of a court case dad told me about back in the 90's. Car vs bull. Driver being sued by the farmer for his prize bull, damages included 3 years of stud fees, as the farmer no longer had use of the bull.

Comment

BLB, in the case you mentioned the farmer should have got either the value of the bull OR the value of the stud fees. Reason? The value of the bull includes the net present value of expected future stud fees. Getting both would be "double dipping", and unjust enrichment.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Our animals hospital doesn't cater to the "shows dogs" demographic. We get enough idiots as it is without THAT added to the mix. And if we got REALLY confused as to which dog was which, we'd have to call the owners back and ask them to ID their dogs. We'd look stupid, but we'd get it done. Supposed to put neck name bands on them at check in, but it hardly ever happens.

Comment

My parents and I used the same cat boarder. I went to p/u my kitty, the tech brought out my parent's cat, Loretta. I told Rettiepoo "Hi" and said, "no I want Munchkin." The tech replied, "oh, that one." o.0 Mmmkay. Munch doesn't think much of boarding.

The kicker is Loretta is a grey-blue point Himalayan and Munchkin is a tabby stubby-tailed Manx.
                Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
                  ... Loretta is a grey-blue point Himalayan and Munchkin is a tabby stubby-tailed Manx.
                  One cat, two cat, red cat, blue cat.

If you can suess that out...
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Oh I'll do ya better. Westies, especially westies cut westies with no collars look exactly the same. I gave the wrong dog to the wrong owner. The *second* owner is who noticed!!! **facepalm** ohh, I was so lucky they thought it was funny, and didn't get in me in trouble for it.

Comment

Ooooops! Our only Westies are all old and look like hell, so no doubt about which one is which.

Comment

My pup is one of four males from his litter. His twin brother lives in our neighborhood. When they first moved in every time the lady walked her boy I was sure she had kidnapped my dog. Everytime I walk my dog she frantically makes sure her dog is still in her yard.

Comment

When I worked in the hospital records section it was the era of all-paper records, and we'd write "NAME ALERT" in large letters on both sides of the folder.

Comment

Working...
                          X