X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"As stated in my email of 19 March, the canvas has been re-purposed."

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
      Deposits pay for your materials. When it comes to commissioned art all deposits are nonrefundable.
      Also, any unfinished projects/unpaid for projects...can either become the property of the artist or finished and sold on. That's how I ended up with a Bugatti EB110 (easily the ugliest sports car ever made--seriously, Ettore Bugatti is spinning in his grave right now) when the "owner" stiffed me on it. The car was half-finished when the deal fell through. Rather than have a pile of parts sitting in my workshop, I finished it...and parked it in my collection. Had it been a rare kit (it wasn't common, but by no means "rare") I could have easily sold it on...which would have more than covered my losses
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

You've already fired these customers. Put them on ignore and get on with your life.

Also: paint over - or burn - the canvas and the draft sketches.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
          I'm surprised no one suggested "Out of a cannon, into the sun"
          coughcough....

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Out of a cannon into the sun seems like a good bet.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
            Also, any unfinished projects/unpaid for projects...can either become the property of the artist or finished and sold on. That's how I ended up with a Bugatti EB110 (easily the ugliest sports car ever made--seriously, Ettore Bugatti is spinning in his grave right now) when the "owner" stiffed me on it. The car was half-finished when the deal fell through. Rather than have a pile of parts sitting in my workshop, I finished it...and parked it in my collection. Had it been a rare kit (it wasn't common, but by no means "rare") I could have easily sold it on...which would have more than covered my losses
            OMG that is one UGLY car!

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
              That can't be comfortable to drive; there's no headroom. You'd have to be practically lying flat to steer the thing.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
                Someone at Bugatti looked at Lamborghini and Ferrari and thought, "We can do that better!"

No. No you can't. Certainly not both at the same time.
                "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

ANOTHER UPDATE!

And it's a good one.

I ran into the SC's while I was out for a friends birthday. They were also with our mutual friend. They were drunk as skunks. I was a bit tipsy and simply informed them that their conduct was unacceptable. I wanted to know how on Earth my painting "looked nothing like them" They stammered. I don't think they expected me to say anything. Mutual friend jumped in.

MF: Customersruinmylife did you a FAVOUR! You owe him that money! I told you this the other day! I can't believe you are doing this!

They paid up. The full amount. I told them to get in touch about collecting the painting.

They still haven't. It's been nearly a week. The wedding has been and I still have the painting and the money

Comment

I'm very glad your mutual friend has your back.
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

That's amazing. Hopefully they are too embarrassed to contact you again. I think it would be fun to find out who the new couple is, and mail them the painting with a card that says "Congratulations on your happy day" signed by you.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                        I'm surprised no one suggested "Out of a cannon, into the sun"
                        A while back I suggested a large ceramic kiln.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          A while back I suggested a large ceramic kiln.
                          ... very good for cracked pots ...
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

My personal suggestion would be "...with actual FIRE!"
                            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                              Someone at Bugatti looked at Lamborghini and Ferrari and thought, "We can do that better!"
                              Had the firm still been under the control of the Bugatti family, the "reboot" might have never happened. But, as it was, Ettore's son Jean was killed in a road accident in '39, Ettore dying 8 years later. With no successor, and WWII destroying the factory, the firm went out of business. Prior to that, the cars were famous for their engineering and styling. BTW, the elephant hood ornament on the huge Type 41 was sculpted by Rembrandt--Ettore's brother.

Anyway, I got very lucky in that the EB110 didn't cost all that much. The kit I used was less than $20 and most of the paint and supplies I already had. While I couldn't sell the model on, it's still in my collection, parked next to a 1930s Type 35 racer and a Type 41/Royale.

That event turned me off to the idea of building models for people. But, it didn't stop me from doing an MGB for a girl I was dating. She paid for everything, so why not?
                              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                              X