X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on a guy

Hi all,

Much to my surprise, I've become interested in a guy I've seen around at a place I frequent (he's a customer there). He's in a group that is involved in an activity that is related to one of my interests, and he is often there with said group (I hope this isn't too vague).

So, the other night, I was talking to another guy I know who is part of this group. I was asking him if any of the members of the group would be interested in volunteering for an activity I'm doing. I gave him some of my cards, and he said he'd pass them around, but also suggested talking to individual members myself.

So off I went, and talked to the guy I find interesting. I explained what I'm doing, gave him my card, and said, "If you'd like to volunteer, or you know anyone who's interested, here's my contact info." We talked for some time; I'm not sure how long.

I kept an eye on him. No wedding ring. I've seen him at this place several times, and I've never seen a woman around who could be a wife/girlfriend. He doesn't set off my gaydar (which, might I add, is pretty damned accurate these days). I watched his reactions to my presence and to what I was saying, and he certainly looked interested. He maintained eye contact with me, laughed when I said something funny, and didn't turn away to talk to someone else.

What I wonder now is, what next? He has my contact info. I wonder if he thinks that he can only call me if it's about the activity I'm doing. I don't have his number or email address, though I could easily send him a friend request on Facebook - something I hesitate to do, since I've only just "officially" met him.

What are your thoughts - does it sound to you like he's interested?

Just as a precaution, you should still be cautious of men who don't have on wedding rings. I'm married, but I haven't worn my ring in a while. I took it off one day while doing some stuff around my house, and just haven't put it on. It's not that I'm up to no good or anything, it's just that if women saw me today, they wouldn't know I was married unless I told them.

What if you had the opportunity to participate in this activity? Maybe if you talk to the guy you know about participating, maybe you can get him to see if he can get the guy you're interested in to come along.

Then, when you show up, too, you can flirt and such. Are you shy about getting his contact info?

As to him being interested, it's possible. It's also possible he was being polite. It's hard to say.

But I will say this: When I met my wife, we started dating VERY shortly thereafter (like within a couple of days), and became an official couple about a month later. We dated for about a little over a year, got engaged in March of 2004, and got married at the end of May 2004.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
    X