This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why?

Why is it that whenever someone famous dies that everyone starts gushing about how AWESOME and WONDERFUL they were, like they were saints or something & none of the not so good things are ever mentioned?

I noticed that immediately after Nancy Reagan's death was announced & honestly? it made me wanna
    "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

They're glad that person is gone, and they don't want to give their ghost a reason to come back and haunt them.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Well, famous or not, many people believe that to speak ill of the dead is to invite misfortune (especially the recently deceased). Going to the opposite extreme feels odd to me, as well.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

As an alternative point I offer this quote:

Greatness is never appreciated in youth, called pride in middle age, dismissed in old age, and reconsidered in death. Because we cannot tolerate greatness in our midst we do all we can to destroy it.
        Now I'm not saying this is MY personal perspective, just an alternative one.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth CorneliaMarieRocks View Post
          Why is it that whenever someone famous dies that everyone starts gushing about how AWESOME and WONDERFUL they were, like they were saints or something & none of the not so good things are ever mentioned?

I noticed that immediately after Nancy Reagan's death was announced & honestly? it made me wanna
          All I gotta say is that if people do that when Kanye West dies, I really WILL

Comment

Aria, they likely will, so get your bucket ready

Eric..oh, so I guess my singing "Ding Dong The Bitch Is Dead" to myself when I saw the news was wrong?? oops

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
              They say you should never speak ill of the dead.

So officially I will have nothing to say about him when he dies.

I used to have a co-worker who claimed to have gone to high school with Kanye West. To this day I regret not asking him if he was the same attention-whoring jackass in high school that he is now.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

My father-in-law died this week, and he really deserved the accolades she got. I was trying to explain to a cousin (not a relative of the dearly departed) that I really wasn't interested in Nancy Reagan's funeral, and she said, "Regardless of your politics, it should matter to you that she passed away." I managed to get out of that one by saying that my attention was focused on my father-in-law, who was a wonderful, creative person. (I lucked out - I got the type of in-laws other people only dream about.)

Comment

FWIW,George Martin has passed away.I think musical genius would not be overselling him.
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
                    When that happens, my only comment will be, "Kanye who?"
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

well, I mean, shit every single articleI read about her death was all roses & unicorn farts

not a one mentioned how terribly she treated the Secret Service while they were in the WH & how cold & distant she was with her kids

and let's not even start on how we spent an entire week mourning her passing

NEWS FLASH:

SHE WASN'T IN THE WHITE HOUSE ANYMORE

that ended YEARS AGO!!!

Sparky, I am truly sorry for your loss..you're right, your FIL sounded like a wonderful man

Comment

Quoth CorneliaMarieRocks View Post
                        well, I mean, shit every single articleI read about her death was all roses & unicorn farts
                        Seems those articles come out whenever someone famous dies. Well those...and the stupid bandwagon of idiots who knew *nothing* about the person that they claim to be a fan of now.
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
                          I'll be right there with you, Aria. We can hold each other's hair.
                          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                          X