This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday present advice.

OK clan,let's get our thinking brains together.Goddaughter will be 4 in a couple of weeks.She's a bright one too-probably she's at the level of a 6-7 yr old.She's also very spoilt-we could probably set up a new wing of her house for her toys to live in.
    I want to try and get something that's not just a thing,but more something she can use and enjoy-along of the lines of like a museum ticket or so-although maybe she might be a bit young for that.

Oh and since she's madly into MLP yes!trained her well.. she will be kitted out nicely with that,including the half price MLP Beanie Babies I managed to collect.
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

4 is not too young for a museum, especially a children's museum. Or the zoo, the aquarium, an indoor play place, etc. I love presents like that because my kids have enough stuff, I'd rather take them to DO things than have more crap cluttering up the house. Great idea!
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Zoos and aquariums are excellent ideas. I only know of one child that didn't like those experiences, and that was because of the amount of walking involved (he's outgrown that for the most part, thankfully) but my other one, and my niece and nephews all love experiences. Much nicer than things. I try to create memories rather than buy stuff that gets broken and thrown out.

Comment

My niece is the same age, I took her to a pottery studio, she got to paint a plate, mug and bowl, they glazed and fired for us. She will not eat out of anything else, her mom is taking her again in two weeks to do two more place settings, just so she can get a break from doing the dishes 3 times a day!
        Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

I always buy my niece fancy dresses, but not too fancy. The kind of dresses she loves, but her mum can't really buy TOO much of. I think it's better than toys, she has so many toys...

Comment

If you can find a science museum nearby, the sort with the interactive exhibits and whatnot, I think she would LOVE that. When I lived in Arizona I ended up on several field trips to the Arizona Science Center (and they have a planetarium attached that I visited several times). No matter how old I was, I absolutely LOVED the museum. I think my first visit was when I was 5 or 6 and my last was right before I moved, when I was 12, and I wish so badly that I could go again (especially when they have a dinosaur exhibit available).
            The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
              4 is not too young for a museum, especially a children's museum.
              This. My youngest daughter is 4, and she loves going to children's museums. We just visited one in Atlanta last week and she had a blast, and there was one local to us in NY that she also adored. If you have a children's museum of any sort near you, a visit would probably go over well.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
              X