Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those things are fucking gross! (Ranty, Language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those things are fucking gross! (Ranty, Language)

So, I hate bugs. It doesn't help that I heard somewhere that that amount of bugs out weigh humans in the world. If you were to ask which bugs I hate the most (and by bugs I mean all tiny non mammals with multiple legs that crawl on the ground) I'd say mosquitos, or wasps. And yes I do hate those a lot. But now it has switched over to centipedes and millipede, holy shit. When I was a kid, I used to play outside a lot (no internet, poor) and the amount of centipedes I saw were 0. But now? They're at my work. They're in my house. They're on the sidewalks. And did you see how fast they run?!?! What the fuck. They fucking scary looking too, with their multiple legs going swoosh and ugh, my heart races whenever I see one. Which is often. And they're venomous ughghhghghghgghhhh *vomit*
    So why are they suddenly appearing? I thought cicadas were bad. Haven't seen one but these are everywhere. Fuck them. they are disgustinggggggg!!!! I would post a pic but I'm on my mobile. I hate summer.
    /rant
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

I feel exactly the same way about them. At the end of my life I'm going to ask God "Whyyyyy???"
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I feel that way about fleas. All they do is feed off of and torture my poor kitties. And no matter how many nasty chemicals you use in your house and on your pets, fleas keep coming back. Fleas and all other parasites should go back to Hell from whence they came.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Most bugs don't bother me, not even spiders or roaches that seem to freak people out.

Except centipedes. Dear God, I can't even think about them without squirming. Something about all those legs, I guess.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Back in New Orleans, we had the local equivalent of tiny drop bears -- small (about 1 inch long), fuzzy, venomous caterpillars who lived in trees and seemed to enjoy falling out of them just when an unsuspecting mortal was walking under their spot on the tree.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I don't mind spiders as much as insects.

Comment

I don't get super bothered by bugs, just by seeing them. I really don't like them being on me, and I don't like them being above me. Like, if I'm in the shower rinsing my hair and I can see a blurry black spot on the ceiling. I'm really blind without my glasses. Anyway, that makes me fairly nervous. But mostly the crawlies around here aren't too bad. I caught what I believe to be a false black widow (look up at your own peril) in my apartment the other day. I was not super pleased about it, but meh. He's outside now.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Bugs in general, I don't care for. I have no issues with spiders unless they're on my bed or something, in which case the comes out. I also have always had a soft spot for dragonflies. Not just because they're damn pretty (which they are ), but because they love to eat mosquitoes. In some areas, they're even referred to as "mosquito hawks." And anything that eats skeeters gets a pass, in my book.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Dragonflies are magical.

Comment

Personally, I think the Mobile Infantry has the right idea!

"Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                    --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
                      ... But now? They're at my work. They're in my house. They're on the sidewalks. And did you see how fast they run?!?! What the fuck. They fucking scary looking too, with their multiple legs going swoosh and ugh, my heart races whenever I see one. Which is often. And they're venomous ughghhghghghgghhhh *vomit*...
                      So why are they suddenly appearing?
                      There are no bugs.

The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
                        I thought cicadas were bad.
                        Cicadas don't bite, and their sound is soothing. I like them. So does my dog, who eats them. I also like stink bugs. Sure they're ugly, but they don't bite either. I hate bugs that bite.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                          Cicadas don't bite, and their sound is soothing. I like them. So does my dog, who eats them. I also like stink bugs. Sure they're ugly, but they don't bite either. I hate bugs that bite.
                          Bugs that bite or sting definitely go higher on my hate scale, but I make a special exception for cicada because one once flew into my basement and when I went there, I thought it was a fly on roid and when I realized, I backed up and it flew after me and starting attacking me, by ramming into my skin over and over! It was so gross! I felt a sharp thing somewhat like a dull needle, and read that although the they don't have stingers, their body is pointy. So that must've been it. Anyway, I flipped out and started screaming, and didn't go in there for ages.
                          Also had a lot of spider crickets in there. When you would spray them with Raid, they jump at you. Nasty mofos. One got in my shirt and my parents thought I was being murderd I screamed so.

Anyway would like to add that I see centipedes in stores too! I saw one at this bookstore skittering across the ground, and left in a hurry. Thought about telling a clerk, but nah.

The only bugs I like are butterflies....they seem to be the only flying type that doesn't go in my mouth or eye >_<
                          Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                          The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

The dumbest flying insects I have met are June-bugs. Sure they have pretty outsides but dang they bump into everything!

Comment

House centipedes.

Used to get them in the apartment I first lived in when I moved back to WI.

Those things would *wave* as they ran around.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X