X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even on??

This was a good one.

I work at a drugstore. The pharmacy part of our store closes at 6pm on the weekends. Always has ... since this location opened in 2011. So, six (SIX) years.

Now I do have to add - this is a rural area, about 20,000 in the entire county. So, unless you're visiting relatives (who know our hours) you *should* know our hours. And if you *are* visiting, then your visitee should have told you.

Had a guy come in Saturday night about 8:30pm. He wanders back to the pharmacy, sees that their security gates are down, lights are off, etc. Comes back to the front of the store where K and I are working *diligently*

"Is the pharmacy always closed on the weekends?"
    "No sir, it closes at 6 on the weekends"

Wait for it .......................

"Even on SATURDAY???????????????????????????????????"

I looked at K, she looked at me.

Trying not to laugh, K said:

"Saturday is part of the weekend sir. They will be open at 10 tomorrow (Sunday)"
    He throws his hands up in frustration and storms out of the store.

<giggle>

I'm going to have to side with the customer on this.

I live in the middle of no-where-ville, and our pharmacy is still open later than that on Saturday and Sunday, so I can very well imagine being shocked that it is closed so early.

His exclamation of "Even on Saturday!!" was just him being surprised that the pharmacy is closed so early on that day (many close earlier on Sunday, but usually are open later on Saturday).

Comment

Quoth GOInsanity View Post
      I'm going to have to side with the customer on this.

I live in the middle of no-where-ville, and our pharmacy is still open later than that on Saturday and Sunday, so I can very well imagine being shocked that it is closed so early.

His exclamation of "Even on Saturday!!" was just him being surprised that the pharmacy is closed so early on that day (many close earlier on Sunday, but usually are open later on Saturday).
      Ok I get that. The point was that he seemed genuinely surprised that "Saturday" was part of the weekend. Maybe I didn't word it clearly in my post

Comment

Working...
      X