This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My boss is f*cking awesome

I can't even begin to tell you how awesome my boss is. I have never worked for someone that actually gave a damn about me. I mean really and truly gave a damn. In return for working Sundays for the month - he have me Saturdays off so I can still volunteer at the farm.

Next month, I got the days off I requested, AND I still have at least one weekend day off to be at the farm. I've never had a job before that gives you:

*the freedom to worship on your holidays. (and without condemning you for your non-mainstream religion)
    *all requests off honored
    *time to spend with your family
    *and more than anything, respect.

I'm not used to it. I'm the type of person that when given a compliment, I immediately start listing my weaknesses to debate it. I don't know why - I'm not a shrink. But for the first time in my life, I feel I can achieve an emotional, spiritual and material balance in life. I'm a strong leader. I can and have managed stores. I can spin circles around what most other managers can't even grasp. But I can't take a compliment. *shrugs*

In return, I would do just about anything for him. If he asked me to work open to close every day for a week - I would. If he asked me to watch his kid so he can go out with the wife - I'd do it in a heartbeat. If he needed a chunk of my paycheck, I would eat crackers for a week so I could give it to him and his family.

I hope all of you - some time in your life - get to work with someone as great as my boss.
    If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

It's awesome that you can speak so highly of your boss! He sounds like a great guy to work under.

Consider yourself lucky!

Comment

Well good for you! It's also great that you recognize a good thing when it happens to you. Too many people take things for granted and only appreciate them when it's gone. Bake yer boss a cake!

Comment

I used to work for a guy like that. Really awesome management at that store. After the SM left, I couldn't bring myself back to work there again.
        Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
        Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
        The Office

Comment

Working...
        X