This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think they are stealing from me?

bear with me, Im upset right now and have been fighting off an anxiety attack for a few hours.....part of my wage is commission, if I sell over 25 pieces a week, I get $8 per painting that I sell.

last week on my shifts I sold 30 pieces, 7 thursday,8 friday, 15 sunday.

however my co-worker turned up with a "suprize!" on my sunday shift and said that because he was 13 under his weekly goal the boss said we could work "together" and we would both be credited for the work. we sold 15. the coworker said I wouldnt be peanalised for working the same day he did and all sales would count towards both totals. the owners hadnt called me about him coming in.... not even to tell me let alone ask me!

2 weeks previously I had sold 13 on a sunday (its ALWAYS my busiest day) and 3 weeks before that I had sold 16 on my sunday shift. so selling the 15 meant that it was a consistant sales day but not any higher than usual despite a second salesperson being there. this is important to remember.

now every single week at least once my bosses call me, its usually 2-3 times and this week they have not called ONCE, I recived my paycheque and $40 commssion is missing. (5 X 8 = $40) when I mentioned it to the coworker, he acted like I hadnt even spoken, almost like a finger in your ears I cant hear you moment, told me to call the owners about it then rapidly changed the subject

im really suspicious, ive found out over the past weeks that ive been flat our LIED TO about a number of things, now $40 may not seem like much but, heck thats a weeks worth of food for me and kyle!! or a new pair of sneakers which I desperatly need. Im scared they are going to try and screw me out of the money

I wouldnt put it past them, its not fair, the coworker gets SIX days to get to his total, I only get 3 six hour shifts and they are late nights which are quiet.

to make matters worse Ive only sold 3 so far this week ( a stupid lady spent 1/2 hour venting about how her marrige had broken up and she was going through a custody battle only to pick out 3 paintings then say she would come back tomorrow to pay for them.... I DONT WORK TOMORROW ARGH) so thats 3 of my total gone....

so now if i ring up to ask about my missing money its not going to sound really great with a crappy ass sales figure for this week!! plus I have to call them, phones set off my anxiety like you wouldnt believe I hate hate hate them. (haha and shes going to work in a call centre I hear you say.. well making calls) especially when I have to talk to someone whom I know has NO PROBLEM lying to my face

someones taking that commission away from me, I dont know if its the co-worker or the owners... kyle says let the money go, but I cant, I damn well earned it!!

please give me some advice Im really genuniely upset about this.
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Whether it's $40 or $2, your commission is money owed to you. If you let this go undisputed, they may end up trying to screw you even more after a very profitable week for you.

You seem to be keeping track of your sales figures. I would present the facts to the boss professionally, and see what he says. If he still practically refuses to credit you, go to the next person up the management chain. Don't stop until you get your commission.

You are definitely in the right here, which is why I encourage you to fight for your earnings. $40, like you said, can buy you a new pair of sneakers or food for a week. There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to get one or the other. After all, it's YOUR money in THEIR pockets.

Some disputes are worth battling more for the principle than it is for the actual wages. This situation surely fits into that category.

Good luck!

Comment

Definitely contact your bosses & find out what's up. You won't know how to proceed until that is done. Also, confronting the bosses is a way to show them that you won't put up with being taken advantage of (pardon my less-than-perfect grammar...I'm rambling). The more you stand up for yourself, the better.

Also, try to calm down first. No sense making yourself look like a crazy person b/c you're raging mad. Your bosses will take you much more seriously if you come in composed & ready to discuss the situation.
      The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Seems to me your co-worker was pulling a fast one. I don't think the boss was in on this. You need to get with your boss and straighten it all out. My nose is smelling alot of stink off of your co-worker.

The only reason I say that is because I've gone through this with my Dad. My Dad is a salesman. He's told me many stories of commission not paid because of co-workers trying to steal credit. Thats why he keeps copies of every sale he does at his house.
        I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

case closed I hope

I rang one of my bosses, the nicest one, and acted very innocently asking him about commission because "I think im confused, can you explain this for me" and he said they simply "forgot" to add my commission onto my pay....

I dont believe him but he said he would INSURE that it was on my next pay cheque and to call him straight away if it wasnt. Believe me I will. Phew that was a hard phonecall to make.

thanks for the advice.

Comment

Once bitten...

Next time, insist on getting it in writing - just a suggestion.

Rapscallion

Comment

well I never ever intend on taking another sales job in my life Raps

but I will, from now on have everything in writing

thats what happens when you find out from your boss that the supposed "interiour design firm" your working for is really the art version of amway.... *shudders* never ever again

Comment

I keep up w/ the sales I make on the phones at my job. I'm still waiting for some commission that was missing out of my last paycheck...
                The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Working...
                X