Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cable Company Gets A Taste of Its Own Medicine?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable Company Gets A Taste of Its Own Medicine?

So some of our clients outsource their Accounts Payable and they want invoices emailed to a specific address. We don't have our system programmed to do that. Either you get a paper bill in the mail or paperless with email notifications. Well, when you get the notification it tells you to go to our website and download the invoice. That doesn't work for them; the A.P. vendor has a lot of employees and they pay thousands of invoices for all their clients. No one is going to man an online account. I get that, but it's frustrating when the account is a year and a half behind with a bazillion late fees.

I emailed a spreadsheet of invoice numbers to whatever vendor email they told me. This is always my first move unless a client specifically requests PDFs. A spreadsheet is faster since I can export out of our ledger, edit, and send within 5 minutes. So the bosses want me to do that first. The client's AP vendor sent that back with the invoices highlighted for which they need copies. There were 17 of them. I know that they want each one in a separate email but there was no way I was doing that. It's nearing the end of the quarter, we need to pull money in, and I have 1,000 accounts. i'm not sending 17 separate emails. I sent one email with a bunch of attachments. I even left off 6 late fees I'm going to waive for the sake of convenience. They're a big client; that should be approved no problem. This is where the funny part comes in.

I was venting about this to my coworker when she told me to tell them "Expect your invoices Monday between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. Please be near the email box to ensure you receive them." She had to say that twice before I got the joke. It finally dawned on me that she was referencing having to wait for the cable tech to come work on your equipment and you never know when they'll show up.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably
Working...
X