This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buyers going nuts again...

It's the end of July, so lawn and garden is shut down for the year at my store. There's no more payroll in lawn and garden, and the tent and greenhouse have been taken down, as well as all of the racks, except for a few placed in front of the store to hold our remaining merchandise.

Everything is on clearance for 50% off, and was supposed to be marked down to 75% off. The plants aren't in very good shape, as they haven't been watered as much as they used to be, and I don't think anyone is pruning them and making them look nice.

The 75% markldown hasn't occurred. Instead, we got in a shipment of 600 new perennials. Which means we had to build more racks to hold them and spend more time watering plants. And we may be getting more in next week.

If lawn and garden is closed for the year, then why in the hell are we still getting merchandise for that department? I would think they'd want to get rid of our current inventory as quick as possible. Our sales out there weren't so hot this year, yet somehow we keep getting more stuff.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Are you new? If it makes sense, it's not allowed.

:comforting pats: there, there™®
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Uhm....why is it closed? It's still summer. It's JUST barely summer. I'm confused.

(Remember - I live in Florida).
      Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Quoth thegiraffe
        Uhm....why is it closed? It's still summer. It's JUST barely summer. I'm confused.

(Remember - I live in Florida).
        Up here in Wisconsin, lawn and garden opens in early April and ends in July, presumably because people aren't planting much of anything in the middle of summer.

One year corporate had all the stores have lawn and garden open until the end of September, but they lost their butts being open for that extra time.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

When I worked at the garden store, the peak for outside plants was May and June. After that, they let the part time kids go and told them to come back in September.
          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
          X