This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The signs are up!

Remember those magic signs I told you about? Well, they're up and they say this:

Customers: Please refrain from verbally abusing our staff. This is not acceptable.

Yeah, like that'll work.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

That's funny. So the next time some SC lays into an employee, you can point to the sign, tell them to read to sign, and then have the customer start going off because there's a sign.

Makes me think of some other signs we could put up but they'll never be followed:

"Please don't hide your printers and scanners so others can't use them. This is unacceptable."
    "Shoppers, please return any itmes you don't intend to buy back in their regualr place on the shelf. Leaving them lie around is unacceptable."
    "Please do not make a mess with your bodily wastes in the restrooms. It is unacceptable."
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

"Customers, go home, serving your ugly mugs is unacceptable"

just kidding, that sign is the insipid version of the

" A $10 tax will be added onto the bills of rude customers"
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

"Talking to the staff as if they were simpletons is unacceptable."

"Hitting you over the head with a rolled-up newspaper is acceptable."

I wish...
        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Oh no, it's unacceptable! What will they do if they do it?

Tell them it's unacceptable of course

Comment

I can feel myself being affected by the 'be-good' radiation from here

Its like the signs at the start of films 'recording this is illegal'.
            I always try to imagine people reading that and then dismantling all the video kit theyve sneaked in and set up
            "don't go to the neighbors,that's just what the fire expects you to do"-phillippbo
            "Please do not look into laser with remaining eyeball."
            Support bacteria.They're the only culture some people have.

Comment

The sad thing is, the person who came up with that sign was probably paid a lot to do so. I personally wanted "If you're rude to the staff they have the right to be equally rude back".
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

"We believe it treating people as we want to be treated, and we assume you feel the same way. That being said, if you're an asshat to our employees, they will give back as good as they got."
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

how about a little change to
                  Customers: Please refrain from verbally abusing our staff. They have been trained to physically abuse you in return.
                  My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

How about "physically or verbally abusing our employees is not allowed and will get you kicked out and banned from the store?" Or: "Throwing things at our employees will also result in YOU being thrown out of the store..." I'd like that sign. Of course their excuse would be "I didn't see the sign" or "I can't read"

Comment

http://www.thevortexbarandgrill.com/TheVortex/index.htm

Check out the rules section there. Awesome wording.

Rapscallion

Comment

*after reading that, is sick with longing for similar wording on the magic signs*

My DeviantArt.

Comment

Sign from a dollar store that is up at the CS area where my mom works:

"If you are rude, grouchy or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge added just for putting up with you."

I want those plastered all over the store!
                          I AM the evil bastard!
                          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar
                            Sign from a dollar store that is up at the CS area where my mom works:

"If you are rude, grouchy or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge added just for putting up with you."

I want those plastered all over the store!

My doctor's office has this up. My doc rocks.

Comment

A nearby comic book store has the sign: "All unattended children will be sold into slavery."

Before I saw that, I thought they rocked just for carrying Invader Zim stuff.
                              I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Working...
                              X