This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "How do YOU like it?!"

Yesterday, while I was waiting for my shift to start, I saw a man walk across the parking lot towards one of the entrances. Following him was his son (I think) who was about 9 years old. The boy was pushing the shopping cart.

The boy accidentally pushed the cart into Daddy's legs. Daddy got mad, had the boy stand still, then took the cart and shoved it into his son a few times, saying, "How do YOU like it???" The poor boy looked like he wanted to cry, but also like it wasn't a big surprise. I was shocked and speechless... (Scared, too, I didn't want to interfere, in case Daddy started ramming me with the shopping cart, too... )
    Last edited by Becks; 08-01-2006, 02:19 AM.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Sounds like my dad. He's just a walking time bomb. Goes off at the slightest "mistake". Good instincts, that so-called "daddy" would have gone off on you if you "interfered".

P.S. My dad had learn what he did back when I was a child was bad and has apologize for it. He's much calmer now. (You know those kinds of apologies, I did was wrong, I'm sorry. "But" you wouldn't have turn out a good kid if I didn't.) Those kinds of people just aren't wired right.
    I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

reminds me of the time I was at an easter fair and grabbed my "fathers" wallet to get some candy floss money and he turned around and punched me in the eye..... nice black eye on a 4 year old girl....served me right apprently

taught me a lesson though, never have anything to do with abusive criminals.

I hope this kid remembers what his father said when hes picking out old folks homes.... checks him in and says "How do YOU like it"...

I hate bad parents.
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Why did he make the 9 year old push the cart anyway? Theyre not always easy to steer with an adult pushing them.
        Poor kid was set up for failure
        "don't go to the neighbors,that's just what the fire expects you to do"-phillippbo
        "Please do not look into laser with remaining eyeball."
        Support bacteria.They're the only culture some people have.

Comment

What parenting.

Way to make me cry, Becks.
          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Like the time I was in a restaurant where this huge man squeezes his 9ish year old daughter's arm to make her cry because she wasn't respectfully...saying grace, like he was.

I've eaten out a LOT and only seen grace a handful of times...too bad this one was before I had my cellphone, because for some reason I recall difficulty having an employee report it or finding a phone around there or staying to note which car was his...
            I second that Frederick Douglass quote--unfortunately, so do a lot of SCs.

Comment

People wonder why some old age homes are such horror stories? Its so parents have a suitable place to go so the kids can have revenge.

I've used those places as a threat (jokingly) on my mom when she starts embarressing me or other stuff. She just replies she's gonna be staying with me. My reply? "No, you're really not."
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

At my great-aunt's and grandmother's nursing home, there is a sign hanging at the receptionist desk that reads: "Be nice to your kids, they pick your nursing home."
                The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

That's terrible. We can only pray that the boy grows up to be a happy man who sends his father (who will probably end up with dimentia/alzheimers early on) to a nursing home where he'll rot forever.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                  X