Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

How old are you?
Old 07-04-2007, 01:03 AM
Assistant Manager

Default How old are you?

I was working the grocery store customer service desk one night back in April, and I'm sad to say that I was not at all paying attention to my surroundings. Thus, I was surprised when a normally bright and cheery cashier of mine walked up to me and placed her hand on her forehead in agitation. I asked her what was wrong, and all she could do was gesture to a man who was staring at us. He was middle-aged, with stubble and this ridiculous Sir Lancelot bob haircut. And a hat.

Wondering what on Earth could have upset my cashier so badly she couldn't talk, I walked over and very politely said, "What's wrong, sir?" and smiled.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Did you have a problem?"

"Do you have a problem?"

Tired of this, I cheerily inquired, "Are we playing a game?"

"Are you playing a game?"

"Right, well, apparently we're playing a game. You have a nice day!" And I walked off. Grown men who talk like they're six are not worth my time. He called after me, asking what my name was, but I pretended not to hear. When he followed me, though, I happily told him my name and my manager's name. They really love it when you act completely nonplussed at their threats of calling your manager. I later found out that he had been making belligerent comments to the cashier and in general was a dick to her, and that's why she was so agitated. He never called in to complain. But seriously, he had such a holier-than-thou attitude while using such juvenile speech, it was completely absurd. Pretty much looking for people to pick on and something to complain about.

Old 07-04-2007, 02:39 AM
Cashier

I get people like that sometimes. I guess they think we're stupid and will be entertained by their idiocy. Or else they're just horrible people who don't believe that we're people too. Like the guys who hand you money, but they don't let go of it. "Don't you want the money?" Um, don't you want your food? It's getting cold while you play your little game, but that's not my problem, I'm more concerned about the line you're holding up.

Old 07-04-2007, 02:54 AM
Henchman of the Cable Empire

Quote:
He was middle-aged, with stubble and this ridiculous Sir Lancelot bob haircut.
It's sad to hear what became of that "I'm a little lad who likes BERRIES.........AND CREEEEEAAAAAAAAAAM!!" guy from the Starburst ads

Old 07-04-2007, 02:59 AM
Bastion of Insanity

Yeah... When I rule the world, jerks like that, if caught on film, will be shown on the global What Not To Do And What Happens When You're Caught Station (also known as Citizen's Justice TV), along with the amount of their fine for Public Stupidity and full name and city. There will also be an extension of the Fighting Words statutes to include crimes of Public Stupidity, Class 2 or higher, in the justifiable provocations.

Last edited by JustADude; 07-04-2007 at 03:06 AM.

Old 07-04-2007, 04:38 AM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth JustADude View Post
Yeah... When I rule the world, jerks like that, if caught on film, will be shown on the global What Not To Do And What Happens When You're Caught Station (also known as Citizen's Justice TV), along with the amount of their fine for Public Stupidity and full name and city. There will also be an extension of the Fighting Words statutes to include crimes of Public Stupidity, Class 2 or higher, in the justifiable provocations.
Can I be in charge of the beatings?

Old 07-04-2007, 04:45 AM
Bastion of Insanity

Quote:
Quoth Soulstealer View Post
Can I be in charge of the beatings?
Sorry, but the people who had to put up with it get to beat the idiot themselves.

Old 07-04-2007, 08:41 AM
Drug Goddess

I know you are but what am I?

Last edited by AFpheonix; 07-05-2007 at 06:49 AM.

Old 07-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Insert clever title here

Quote:
Quoth Shengirl View Post
He was middle-aged, with stubble and this ridiculous Sir Lancelot bob haircut.
Oh yeah, you can tell right away that this guy's a real winner.

Quote:
Quoth Shengirl View Post
I walked over and very politely said, "What's wrong, sir?" and smiled.
"What's wrong with you?"
"Did you have a problem?"
"Do you have a problem?"
Tired of this, I cheerily inquired, "Are we playing a game?"
"Are you playing a game?"
"Right, well, apparently we're playing a game. You have a nice day!" And I walked off. Grown men who talk like they're six are not worth my time.
You've got more patience than I do. I think after he said, "Do you have a problem?" I would've said, "Nothing that Mister Salmon can't handle!"

I like JustADude's idea. Public humiliation on TV! It'd be even better than COPS! Show your ass to the cashier, you'll be showing it to the world!

Last edited by XCashier; 07-04-2007 at 03:14 PM.

Old 07-04-2007, 03:07 PM
Member of the T-Plush Fan Club

Quote:
Quoth CancelMyService View Post
It's sad to hear what became of that "I'm a little lad who likes BERRIES.........AND CREEEEEAAAAAAAAAAM!!" guy from the Starburst ads

And his 15 minutes of fame have just sped by, haven't they?
I wish I could hate you to death.. - Unkie KhirasHY
Closed Thread