X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Fought The Magazine Rack...

...and the magazine rack won!

Yes, tonight the back door alarm went off and, as I am supposed to do, I RAN to the back door to find out why it was going off. (In case a shoplifter was attempting to get out.)

On the way I had to make a quick swerve to avoid an unattended toddler, whom I couldn't see over the candy rack-obviously, and that's when my ribcage took on the metal magazine rack.

I have a bruise and a swollen spot. My left side hurts.

I am happy to announce that the magazine rack is fine.

Disclaimer: No issues of Rolling Stone were harmed in the making of this story.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

I fought a floor cone.

I was trying to separate two stacked together, and the top one jerked up and hit me in the head. My head felt funny the rest of the day, and my eyebrow is still swollen and bruised where it hit me.

This, of course, was the day after I dumped a box on my head while trying to pull it off a shelf. (moving at home)
    Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

Comment

I fought a bag rack...though, to be fair, it hit me first.

I had been called up to cash, and since that usually meant they needed me there NOW I was moving pretty quickly. Cut the corner at the end of the card display too close and a spinner rack full of gift bags snagged my ponytail. I tried to stop as soon as I felt the yank, but I wasn't fast enough and the rack toppled with my hair still tangled around one of the arms. Got a nice muscle pull in my neck from that one. At least it didn't hit anyone else on the way down.

Comment

My forehead fought the cardboard end of a paint roller, but it wasn't while I was at work...
        Oh, no, I had volunteered to help the girlfriend's family paint her sister's room... GF's sister and I were outside on a break, cleaning the rollers, and she threw hers at me for some reason I don't remember now... hit me right in the forehead, just over my nose. And glasses...
        It didn't hurt so much, and it didn't really start to bleed until I got inside... Left an odd, circular bruise/scab... Two, three weeks, it was healed, luckily.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Ouch, that sounds painful.

I fight the safe once every day or so. The keypad for the time-lock part of the safe protrudes from the safe in a pointy sort of way, and its right at knee level.

I whack my knee into it at least once a day.

Usually the whacked knee is the one that got hit by that car a few years back.

You can always tell when I'm doing battle with the safe, because you hear a dull sort of clang-thud thing, the sound of me falling to my knees, a yelp of pain, and (depending on whether we have customers in the store) some sort of profanity.

Comment

I fought the stairs. . .

OMG, I'm such a klutz that I fight many things every freakin' day! At home, at work, even just getting into the car. . .

I'm usually covered in bumps, bruises and scrapes. One guy I used to date (way back in my early 20s) always wanted me to wear clothes that covered all my 'owwies' in case people though he was abusing me! Yeah, I've been klutzy most of my life!

The worst thing I ever did to myself was when I was running down the stairs at home cuz the phone was ringing, slipped and fell, catching my side/back on the edge of the step. I almost passed out cuz the breath was knocked out of me, and the pain was incredible! I live alone, except for my cat, so forced myself to stay conscious. Called T to take me to the hospital, and Xrays showed no cracked ribs, just badly bruised. I was off work and taking morphine for the pain, plus a muscle relaxant for the spasms. I was doped to the gills for a while!

I try to be careful, but things just have a way of happening!
            It's like I'm wearing Eau de Moron and all of the idiots and assholes are attracted to me... -JuniorMintz

Comment

zin I feel your pain. every day I hit the same counter at work both going in and out of my office the same bruise day after day. I hate the klutz but alas it cant be helped. I always tell the hubby be nice to me i will report you usally followed by me smacking him but I have the bruises.

My worse one was not at work but at school in gym. the story goes me running, misplaced chair, midair flip and two bruises over 1 foot around one on my stomach the other on my thigh. It hurt for so long but at least I got out of gym for a month and had a very funny story. To those that saw it say it was incredeble. I wish I could have seen it.
              I before E except after C. We live in a weird society

Comment

Today I reported the ladder to SM...

... because I saw a weld had broke right near the bottom step. I didn't report that it had bruised my thumbnail.... The bottom step flips up so you can move it around on the floor. It's meant to do with the foot but it makes a -bang- noise and I don't like loud noise at 7am. So I put the step up with my hand and my thumb got caught between it and the next step up.

"Ow" is not a good word to say when the LP auditor pays a visit. But I don't think he heard.

Comment

At my old job, I used to whack my leg on the time safe quite often, then at my new job, for the first three months, I had a habit of taking a fall.
                  First was standing around talking to my lead, and I triped on a pallet and knocked myself silly into the wall; second time, I was pulling a load off the truck, and triped on the load ramp, that was slightly raised. No injurys in that one, but they started to wonder about me
                  And the sky was full of stars... and every star, an exploding ship, one of ours...

Comment

At my job there is this clear plastic bit attached to the end of the registers to prevent cash theft. Normally I'm pretty good about avoiding something that everytime I turn the light bounces into my eyes; however when it's busy and I have to turn quickly, well my funny bone isn't laughing, nor am I.
                    Register is no place for a pirate...
                    Currently land locked.

Comment

Nice AM kept telling me about an ocassion where he was getting product down off a high rise shelf, and literally fell off the ladder he was on. Landed upright and runing, luckily, but got extremely wary of the ladder from then on, and, as I was the tallest employee in the store, would usually ask me if I'd be willing to climb the ladder to get product.
                      M: "Not gonna happen. I hate heights, and I don't want to give you guys the chance to upskirt me." (Yes, I said that very often to the Nice AM. He'd just giggle at me.)
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I fight my office daily...

I've been moved several times lately, so my office space has been compressed and decompressed, and still is in a state of disrepair. I have a ton of things in the way, several laptop cases (with laptops), a computer box, and more stuff that keeps trying to beat me up.

The IT van keeps trying to bite me too.

Jenni
                        SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                        SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Working...
                        X