X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They were all out tonight

Hi there,
    Been around for a little while, but this is my first thread. After tonight I really felt to need to post.
    A little background first. I work two retail jobs. One of them is a shoe store. Right now our store is in summer clearance, as well they are renovating at night, we are open during the day. (our store has a big plaster wall in front of it with a hole in the center for people to walk in and out of)
    Today I worked both my jobs, basically I worked 10-9. So when I got to my job tonight I was already tired.
    There were about 60 people who came in tonight, which is really busy for us. About 80% were SC's. And only 6 people bought anything. This is what I had to deal with:

About 50 people asking if we were closing our store. (we have a sign out front saying we are doing renovations at night, at that we are still open)
    10 of those wanted to know if they got a discount because they were buying during our renovation.
    1 person actually demanded 25% off of our already reduced shoes.
    1 person whining "Noooo... you're closing down, you can't close my favorite store"
    2 people who were very angry, because not all of our shoes are not on sale like the sign says (our signs say UP TO such and such off)
    5 people asking what store they were in because we have no front sign. (but we have signs all over the store saying what our name is.)
    1 person who wanted half price for a display model, that was already about 70% off.
    About 10 people asking if we were open. (no, that sign outside saying "we are open for business" is a lie)
    5 people who couldn't understand why we didn't have there size in a clearence shoe, one actually said "I don't care if you are trying to get rid of them, you should stock all sizes"

They only thing that was good tonight, was one elderly lady and her daughter. She wanted a pair of low wedge heeled shoes. And her daughter was concerned that she might find the heel a little wobbly.
    This was the conversation:
    M=mother
    D=daughter

D- Mom, are you sure there okay. I don't want you to start wobbling.
    M- I'm fine honey, I'm not going to wobble around. I gave up drinking years ago.

Well, thats about it. I just really needed to vent. It's been awhile since I had a night like this

Quoth CrazyShoeGirl View Post
    About 10 people asking if we were open. (no, that sign outside saying "we are open for business" is a lie)
    You need a bedsheet with "I assure you, we ARE open" written with shoe polish.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth CrazyShoeGirl View Post
      D- Mom, are you sure there okay. I don't want you to start wobbling.
      M- I'm fine honey, I'm not going to wobble around. I gave up drinking years ago.

Hahaha.... sounds like my grandmother before she died. (I still remember ordering for her... Black Label scotch on the rocks with a lemon twist )

Comment

Working...
      X