This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tipping

Hi! There is a discussion happening on the General Board about tipping at restaurants. Which led me to think about tipping at other places, namely at salons. I never know how to tip, I think I tip well but what if I'm not and the people at the salon think I am a cheap sucky customer! I asked a friend who does hair how much I should tip and she said you have to use your own judgement.

For example I had a pedicure yesterday and it was $36, I tipped $5. Am I cheap? I have no clue. So for those of you who work in the industry or have more knowledge than me, I have read you should tip 15-20% at the salon, like you would at a restaurant. Is this true? Thanks!

If you're happy with the pedicure, I think a $5 tip WAS a bit cheap, but that is only my opinion.

I, personally tip AT LEAST 20%, unless whatever service I got sucked. Then less. It has to be beyond horrible for me to tip a couple of pennies or nothing at all.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

It is good to know, I was happy with the pedicure $5 was around 15% so I thought it was okay. Next time I shall tip more. I need to know these things, because I think I have been tipping low when I AM happy with the work they do! More opinions please!

Comment

Eh, don't stress over it since you were going off of a 'tip guide', or wherever you got the info, but remember that those are guides for how to tip for "standard" service... nothing to complain about, but not particularly spectacular, either.

If you feel like you're under-tipping, you probably are. The easiest solution, of course, is to just tip more. Nobody has ever been insulted by being given too BIG a tip.
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Those Tip guides work very well for me. I printed a copy of the guide, to keep in my wallet.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
          X