Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Suckway SC Faire! Today only! (LONG)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Suckway SC Faire! Today only! (LONG)

Actually, I lied. It's pretty much every day here. But today was extra-special - there was a wonderful, exotic variety of SCs on display today.

The Rude Entitled Veteran Guy: I've seen this dude in a couple times before, he usually comes around in the mornings. He's weird. WEIRD. He's got this big, ugly, orange truck, and he walks around in a dirty white undershirt, too-short shorts ( ) and this, like...tiger-striped bandana. Or something. I try not to look. He also has a prosthetic leg, a very expensive-looking one. He walks normally, but apparently believes this leg makes him deserving of all sorts of special considerations, and milks it for all it's worth.
    So, I'm pushing carts, and REVG walks up, and says to me, and I quote:
    "Get me a cart. You're gonna work for your money today."
    Ass. But I've heard worse. So I get him a cart. Then later, when I'm inside bagging, he comes to my line. Joy of joys. I know I'm in for it. Of course, he asks for service out (presumably because I'm young and female) and of course, I'm the only one available to go. So I bring the cart out to his Big Ugly Truck (it must be capitalised, it is just that ugly) and he spends the entire time trying to flirt with me. He didn't even have me load most of the stuff, just did it himself while he was busy flirting. He was also walking well behind me the entire time I was pushing the cart. I can guess where those old, shrivelled eyes of his were pointed.

Russian Melon Lady: This one wasn't as horrid as the last, it was just this snotty rich bitch with a very thick Russian accent, who had a very particular taste in melons.
    I get called over to the express lane for about the third time that hour, and RML wants another melon to go with the one she's got. She says, "I want another one. But it has to be more yellow than this one. Very yellow."
    So I'm like "sure, no problem," and I walk off to get the melon.
    The melons are beige. Pure freaking beige. All of them.
    So I grab the yellowest of the beige melons, which is not very yellow at all, and bring it back to RML.
    RML: Oh, thank - No, no, this is not yellow. I want a yellow one.
    Me: That's the yellowest one we have.
    RML: No, I want another one. Go find me another one.
    Me: I looked. That's the best -
    (she is, at this point, already walking toward the produce section to get one herself)
    Me: That's the best one I could find.
    RML: (stops, turns around) That's it? Oh, okay. (Goes off on her merry way)

Uh-huh.

Buried Treasure: Long story short, some airhead with no regard for the health of others left a dirty diaper and some nasty food bits underneath a carefully arranged pile of envelopes and papers at the photo printout booth. Which is in the middle of a heavily trafficked aisle.

Me, to co-worker: What the hell is this? (pointing to pile)
    CW: Dunno. (prods pile with foot)
    Me: (pulling papers off pile) ...Oh, no way. You have got to be f*cking kidding me.
    CW: (laughs, walks off, leaves me to clean up)

They Have It At (Other Store)...In Bins: This old lady came up to the checkstand I was on, asking for a very, very specific kind of obscure health food. She kept insisting that (other store) had it. She mentioned this at least 10 times. Not exaggerating. Now, my store has one health food aisle, so I said, "If we have it, it's on 1."
    She drags me along on this trip down to aisle 1. After a minute or two of me scanning the shelves, and her repeating the request over and over, she finally says, "(Other store) has it in bins. It's not going to be in a box or a package. It's a big bin. Do you have (repeats request again) in bins? (Other store) has it. In big bins. It's (repeats request YET again)."
    No. No, lady, we do not have it in bins. Do you see any bins? No. You do not see any bins, because we do not have any bins.
    "Oh, you don't have any bins. Well, I guess you don't have it then. (Other store) has it in bins. But I guess you don't have it. Because I don't see any bins."
    No. We don't. Go away. In fact, why don't you go to (other store). Because it's right down the street. And as you said, they have it. In bins.

The Screamer: There just had to be a grand finale. This one happened a little while after I clocked out, when I was standing in line to buy some junk food before I went home.
    This lady comes in to use our store phone. Apparently her phone died. We learn this later. She is a very loud person, and consequently, the entire front end becomes privy to her very vivid conversation. It went something like this, but it was far longer in reality...

"Hi, Frank...Yes, I'm at the store, I'm using their phone, my phone died...No, my phone really died...Yes, it died! I forgot to charge it, and it died!...No, I'm NOT full of shit!...No! NO, FRANK! I AM NOT FULL OF SHIT! I AM NOT FULL OF SHIT!...NO, FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU, FRANK! I AM NOT FULL OF SHIT!!...NO, I'm not! It died!...(and on, and on, and on...)"

Of course, the entire front end was wide-eyed and busting up. The two people she was with looked absolutely mortified. It was even funnier with the fact that the store was very crowded at the time. And bitchy voices carry.

Just another day at the retail circus, right?
    Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

I had a russin melon lady too! Or maybe she was German, that woman.. I always secretly hoped she'd walk out in to the cross walk and get spattered. Totally vile woman, was an extreme displeasure to even speak to her.

Comment

Quoth Discourtesy Clerk View Post
      Apparently her phone died. We learn this later. She is a very loud person,
      Did she actually need a phone?

Just curious

Rapscallion

Comment

Maybe she just needed the $10 her friend said she'd get for doing that!
        I second that Frederick Douglass quote--unfortunately, so do a lot of SCs.

Comment

No, this lady was seriously pissed off. I think Frank was her husband. She was not just shouting, she was actually screaming. It would have been scary if it weren't so hilarious.
          Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

Comment

Quoth Discourtesy Clerk View Post
            "(Other store) has it in bins. It's not going to be in a box or a package. It's a big bin. Do you have (repeats request again) in bins? (Other store) has it. In big bins. It's (repeats request YET again)."
            No. No, lady, we do not have it in bins. Do you see any bins? No. You do not see any bins, because we do not have any bins.
            "Oh, you don't have any bins. Well, I guess you don't have it then. (Other store) has it in bins. But I guess you don't have it. Because I don't see any bins."
            With apologies to a far superior poet:

We do not have it in a bin.

Not on a shelf. Not in a tin.

We do not keep it in a pack.

We do not have it in the back.

We do not have it here or there.

We do not have it ANYWHERE!

We do not have it in our store.

Now go elsewhere and look some more.

[I'm so sorry, but that just popped into my head reading your post. ]
            Last edited by Dips; 08-10-2006, 04:30 PM.
            The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Dips, that is the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life. It is now printed out and posted in my sad little excuse for an office. With proper attribution, of course!
              Dips: The best karma happens when you let a jerk bash themselves senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post

Dr. Seuss? Is that you?

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post

[I'm so sorry, but that just popped into my head reading your post. ]

*wipes off screen*

That is absolutely genius. Cheers to you. I am definitely saving this. If only I could get away with, say, printing this lovely poem on all the "out of stock" tags...

Comment

Beautiful, Dips.

Brings a tear to the eye.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post

Yes, you do have to spell it out for some customers.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Dips that was freaking awesome!!! I hereby swear that should I ever find myself owning a store, this will be my 'out of stock' card.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
                          Far superior? Not if you keep up with poems like that!
                          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Working...
                          X